krompa
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 14, 2013
Bristol
08/29/14 06:44 AM (10 years ago)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 owners out there?

Does anyone have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Android 4.3 or above) available to test an app? I have received user feedback that the app is displaying text too large - making the app unusable for this device only. I have tried my hardest to recreate the problem on remote test labs: 1) pCloudy (unlimited free testing (apparently) although fair usage policy applies) - Note 3 is not available to test so I have tested on the nearest 2 devices - the Lenovo K900 (virtually identical dimensions but runs on Android 4.2) and the Galaxy Note 2. But neither shows a problem with the app. 2) Perfecto Mobile (free 2 hour trial for remote testing) - the app loads onto 3 Samsung Galaxy devices and works fine, but it won't load on the Note 3 (arggghh) for no apparent reason. 3) Samsung Developer Remote Testing Lab - not working for me and hasn't for a while. Any help appreciated. oh - the app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.classicrockquiz&hl=en_GB

Gil
Lost but trying
Reg: Aug 28, 2014
Woods Cross
08/29/14 12:30 PM (10 years ago)
I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It has Android 4.4.2 I downloaded and used your app without problem. I did notice an occasional problem in the potential answers section. If the test was too long some of the text on a second line would be cropped. For example: "River Deep - Mountain High" High was displayed on a second line with the bottom half of the text missing. But it was still legible. Hope this is helpful. I would be glad to test further if needed.

krompa
Lost but trying
Bristol
08/29/14 01:23 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks Gil, I may take you up on that offer after a tweak or two.

krompa
Lost but trying
Bristol
08/30/14 07:20 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Gil I have sent you a PM with an update. Regards, krompa

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.