Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 38

Fitmike
Lost but trying
Reg: Jul 30, 2014
jackson ms
08/29/14 12:15 PM (10 years ago)

Blog Pro question

the blog pro plugin says to create your blog right in the control panel of BT. So I understand that to mean, if I have a weekly blog, I can create a new blog each week with some text or video/youtube content, and somehow publish it and people with my app will get a new blog feed from me. is that right? was trying to decide whether to get the youtube playlist for weekly videos or use this blog pro for doing that and deliver the same info. thanks for any help. Mike

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
08/29/14 04:21 PM (10 years ago)
Yes blog pro can do it. and it works great

sarahk
Code is Art
Reg: Jul 16, 2014
Auckland
08/29/14 08:35 PM (10 years ago)
If you already creating the content in another platform eg WordPress you might be better to have something that can use that content (reformatted for size etc) and put it in a Custom HTML / Text plugin. Having to remember to update multiple places makes for more work and more chance to make mistakes. You can create a json menu of your posts to have as the dataUrl - it's just a matter of being familiar with your source and knowing the best way to access a feed from it.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
09/01/14 04:03 PM (9 years ago)
@SarahK -- have you gotten WordPress to successfully output JSON instead of HTML? -- Niraj

sarahk
Code is Art
Reg: Jul 16, 2014
Auckland
09/01/14 04:29 PM (9 years ago)
No, but it won't be hard. I've written plugins that output javascript data arrays, I'd be happy to write one that spits out json. What is the structure of the json array? FWIW check out http://wetheadpumprepair.com/delivered/ The output from the system went through several iterations, including json, but ended up being a variable declaration to get around javascript's data import restrictions. In this case we generate the javascript once a day but it could be the output of the actual wordpress page.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
09/01/14 05:03 PM (9 years ago)
Cool Sarah, I sent you a personal email on that topic. The JSON structure would be that sample file I gave you for that Football Player's profile in the Cubbyhole plugin's screenshots. Let me know if you need that file again. -- Niraj

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.