richardemery839
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 15, 2013
Bangkok
08/29/14 09:55 PM (10 years ago)

Google play services

I must have downloaded Eclipse 4 times at least now. And, of course, I need google play services but this time when trying to get this file I get 8 sample files showing up when I browse GPS which is not what I want. Anyone else getting this and how/what do I do now (been messing with it for an hour - can't find the single file on the net to just get that. And in the SDK manager it just says Google Play Services)?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
08/29/14 11:25 PM (10 years ago)
You get the Google Play Services via the Android SDK Manager, which you can get as part of the Eclipse ADT Bundle. Check out my YouTube channel...it has videos on exactly how to install everything: https://www.youtube.com/user/gonorthwest If you need anything else, just give a shout! Mark

richardemery839
Aspiring developer
Bangkok
08/29/14 11:57 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Mark I downloaded the bundle as usual and installed the SDK's required including the Google Play Services but when I browsed to add the GPS instead of getting the lib file I get 8 sample file attachments and not the lib file needed. It looks like Google have changed it - I am about to download the SDK files separately and see if there is a difference.

richardemery839
Aspiring developer
Bangkok
08/30/14 12:11 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Mark Found the lib file - you have to browse through Google play services fit preview, then libproject and you will find the GPS lib link

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.