Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 86

appleios
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 07, 2011
location unknow...
08/24/14 03:25 PM (10 years ago)

What language(s) does Buzztouch use?

Hi all, Have gone back and forth on Buzztouch over the past couple years but have a kind of random question- I was wondering what programming language(s) the BT 2.0 uses. Also does it depend on the plugin? I'm trying to determine which language the app I'm making is in. Thanks everyone and sorry for the probably dumb question! I appreciate it!

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
08/24/14 03:58 PM (10 years ago)
theres no dumb question to ask on here. all of us have questions no matter how much experience we have. The videos are bt 2.0 I believe but the new version is the 3.0 core, and also the 4.0 core version is coming out. iOS apps on buzztouch use objective-c and android apps on here use java. Some of the plugin developers have used a html5 wrapper for a couple of plugins but for the most part those are the languages. You can literally use any language you want to when working with buzztouch though

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
08/24/14 03:58 PM (10 years ago)
duplicate post

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/24/14 04:30 PM (10 years ago)
Yep. For Apple we use iOS/Objective-C. In Android we use Java (Typically SDK 14 and up). I concur with Chris. There are no dumb questions. Whatever you ask, despite how elementary you may feel it is, there is always someone else too embarrassed to ask the same thing. So go for it; you're not only helping yourself, you may be asking the very question the next person wanted answered too. Cheers! -- Smug

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
08/25/14 12:01 AM (10 years ago)
And let us not forget that the server part of your app is written in PHP. For example, if you are "self hosted" -- meaning that the data for your apps reside on your own Buzztouch server somewhere on the Internet, the software behind that control panel is written in PHP. However, when you have a menu in your app, that plugin will have a field called Screen Data URL. In that field you may enter a URL from which you want the data for the menu to come from. That URL may contain a text file, probably with the ready made JSON for the menu. Also, it may point to an executable program on the server and it may be any kind of language behind that program, as long as it returns proper JSON data for the menu, in plain text format. To recap: -- iOS mobile device -- Objective C -- Android -- Java -- server side programming -- PHP is the most common, but also Java, Perl, what have you. Finally, let us not forget the main thing here, that Buzztouch in itself is a framework and a language for development of mobile apps. If you want to develop in Java and use Buzztouch, you better learn what the framework does too. Here's a practical example. Say you wanted to use preferences system in Android Java to remember a few strings and integers. If you were not using Buzztouch, you would have to search for it first, learn what it does, integrate it into your app and so on. If you paid attention to the existing software in BT, you would just use statements such as BT_strings.setPrefInteger("adsFrequencyCounter", adsFrequencyCounter); and adsFrequencyCounter = BT_strings.getPrefInteger("adsFrequencyCounter"); The similar holds for Objective C and Buzztouch framework. So learn the "Buzztouch programming language" too!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.