Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 44

yourtownapps
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 08, 2012
Collingswood, N...
08/24/14 03:51 AM (10 years ago)

Pickers

I am working on a cemetery app. What would be perfect would be a picker that enabled search by name with links to screens on a particular person. Any suggestions as to using the iOS picker or creating an HTML picker?

aquila198
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 22, 2011
location unknow...
08/24/14 12:54 PM (10 years ago)
Holy morbid idea, Batman - I love it. Just to understand, does this give the living a chance to choose their plot, or is it a guide to finding folks. Either way - one thing is sure, death & taxes. You are sitting on a goldmine, or a rather luxurious tombstone. I believe you might be on to something big. If it is to find deceased loved ones, buried in a plot, could you use a list plugin [image next to name] and then the map plugin to locate them in the cemetery? Either way... great timing before Halloween. Keep 'em coming YourTown!

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
08/24/14 03:41 PM (10 years ago)
I use www.findagrave.org for genealogy work, but it is problematic. A number of volunteers 5-10 years ago, "walked" cemeteries and bulk listed theirs. Problem is, they haven't kept up since! While most of my ancestors are found on findagrave, from the mid-1800s-early 2000s, high school classmates are not, especially those who passed in the last 5-10. And, then, let's talk about women's maiden vs married names!!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.