FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
08/24/14 05:45 AM (10 years ago)

Eclipse and lost certificate

hi guys, im updating an app in eclipse that i published last year, ive managed to get it to the stage in play, of uploading the apk, prob is my current certificate is different to the original certificate, as earlier this year i did total reformat and lost some files, so this is a new build and i cant find the original cert, all i need to do is change the sha fingerprint in my current certificate to the last one, (play gives you the old fingerprint as ref) can i do this, or how can i upload my new apk with new certificate. Cheers

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/24/14 08:47 AM (10 years ago)
Hmm... With Eclipse you're going to be using a 'keystore'. 'Typically' you'll have two of them; a Debug keystore and a Release keystore. The release keystore would be the one you created a new key for the app, and 'signed' the app with it. If you can't find the original keystore and need to create a new one, then the app will be looked at as a 'new' app, and not an update. Cheers! -- Smug

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
08/25/14 02:12 AM (10 years ago)
yeah thanks smug, tried everything yesterday and realized i would have to use new app, thanks dude

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.