Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 6    Views: 94

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
08/21/14 03:42 PM (10 years ago)

Back Button

So why doesn't my App have a < Back Button? Like my bak's does. http://www.10kapps.com/backbtncomp.png

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/21/14 03:57 PM (10 years ago)
The screen on the left has a refresh, as if it were the home screen. This is normal. The screen on the right has a back button, as if it were not the home screen. This is also normal. I'm not sure what you're asking. Cheers! -- Smug

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
08/21/14 03:58 PM (10 years ago)
But none of my subsequent screens have < Back buttons... just the left bracket < . No button graphic. Am I missing a default line of code in my JSON? I re-did the graphic with a subsequent screen. http://www.10kapps.com/backbtncomp.png

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/21/14 07:59 PM (10 years ago)
Well the 'new' left side is iOS7... and displays the 'button' iOS7 style. This is not a Json thing. I suspect the one on the right is iOS6. Cheers! -- Smug

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
08/22/14 06:52 AM (10 years ago)
iOS 7 doesn't have buttons anymore, much flatter interface. There are a few tweaks in the BT forum that describe how you can modify that text if you wish. For example you can change it so it always says "back" if that's what you want. I have my apps set up so there's no text at all and just the back arrow.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
08/22/14 08:01 AM (10 years ago)
A few days ago when my App was rejected for "not having lasting entertainment value," one of the additional reasons/links they provided was: "Did not include iOS features. For example, it would be appropriate to use native iOS buttons." Having seen the black <Back button on so many of my Apps, I was getting the feeling that those might be native iOS buttons. "and iOS features other than just web views, Push Notifications, or sharing"... I don't know what these are, either. I was kind of looking to Buzz Touch to bring some of this to the forefront.

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
08/22/14 09:16 AM (10 years ago)
Those are the native back buttons in iOS 7. Apple can be very picky when it comes to accepting apps they consider "simple". For example, if an app is just a collection of links to web pages or html documents (web views) then it doesn't need to be an app per se since you could do the same thing on a website. "share on Facebook" likely won't help either. So you need to try and incorporate other functions of the iPhone/iPad that you can't do on a website. In other words, you need some more plugins. A quiz is an often employed trick that usually helps getting an app approved. But even just the ability to take notes or save screens as favorites might be enough. Try making your homescreen one of the other plugins to make it stand out more. Add a search function. Make sense?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.