CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
08/16/14 07:03 PM (10 years ago)

Android Amazon banner ads

I posted how to add amazon interstitial ads awhile back: http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=CA340F0596E5E5911F45AC4 $6 guaranteed cpm for the months of August and September. They have low payouts.I think they (payouts) start out at $2. For the banner ads: in my xml layout file I added this: <com.amazon.device.ads.AdLayout android:id="@+id/adview" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" > </com.amazon.device.ads.AdLayout> Then in the certain plugins java code I did this: Add this under the other variables: private AdLayout adView; Then under the code that inflates the layout, Looks something like this View thisScreensView = inflater.inflate(R.layout.cm_voicesearch, container, false); I added this: AdRegistration.setAppKey("1234567953258856665555522"); this.adView = new AdLayout(getActivity()); this.adView = (AdLayout) thisScreensView.findViewById(R.id.adview); AdTargetingOptions adOptions = new AdTargetingOptions(); // Optional: Set ad targeting options here. this.adView.loadAd(adOptions); Then if your plugin has the onDestroy method add this line in it: this.adView.destroy(); If the plugins java file didnt come with the onDestroy method, copy and paste the below method outside the OnCreateView method @Override public void onDestroy() { super.onDestroy(); this.adView.destroy(); }

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
08/16/14 09:26 PM (10 years ago)
How is it working for you? I've switched over to Admob per comments by Sandeep and I'm happy with the results. I've heard that Amazon ads aren't that lucrative. Can you confirm? Thanks for the code!

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
08/16/14 09:55 PM (10 years ago)
I cant confirm, but they are basically admob ads, just hosted by amazon.I never get far enough to completing any apps

KennedyE
Android Fan
Reg: Dec 07, 2013
PH, Nigeria
08/16/14 11:07 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks!

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
08/17/14 01:25 PM (10 years ago)
Even with the Apple police removed from the landscape, publishing an Android app is still an effort: - Design the app - Build the app - OMG, the app needs content?! - Test the app ... on friends - Revise the app to include their loving feedback - Gather screenshots and annotate them for self-explanation - Put up a Single-page web site for the app (and for Google) - Establish a feedback mechanism - Setup a Support workflow - Yay -- publish the app! - Wut marketing and publicity? Whatcha talking 'bout?! :-) :-) :-) It's an app journey that I too have to undertake. :-) -- Niraj

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
08/17/14 05:01 PM (10 years ago)
Ha thats nice! My google play account got terminated a week ago, for an AR facebook app I made two years ago ha, something to do with intellectual property. oh well ha

KennedyE
Android Fan
PH, Nigeria
08/18/14 04:02 AM (10 years ago)
Really? Terminated? Why? What's AR Facebook app? Tell us more about it, maybe we might just learn from you! Sorry my dear.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
08/18/14 08:19 AM (10 years ago)
It didnt get suspended because of that one app.ive had multiple google play violations. Like six or seven violations in one day from using this ad network called pingjam. Pingjam apologized and said they were going to fix it.I posted about it last year. Also a banner image in my app that was a free to use anyway you want, stock photo and got violated for that.even thougg websites say you can use images its best to use your own or find the real owner. Then this facebook ar app.I guess because it has the name facebook in it and maybe thwy thought it was depicting to be the actual facebook.i think someone may have reported it because it did so well lol. It was just one screen.half of it was a camera and half a webview for facebook,so I don't reall want to say it was truly ar(augmented reality).thats why google play sucks.they dont have any real communication with you or review like amazon and apple.well every other app store

KennedyE
Android Fan
PH, Nigeria
08/18/14 03:30 PM (10 years ago)
Hmmm I see now, but I think apple would have done the same. Please don't give up, learn from it. What you will do now?

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
08/18/14 06:18 PM (10 years ago)
Apple wont do the same because they have an approval process. With google play you dont know if one little thing will cause you them to remove an app because they dont have an approval process. Then they just copy and paste something from their vague guidelines when you ask them what exactly was the reason your app was removed. Apple actually has a conversation in detail of whats wrong and points out the certain guidelines that shows why its a problem. So your app wont get on their store unless you go by their standards. Since others had cool little apps where you could experience facebook a different way I thought it wouldnt hurt if I did that.I didnt even make money off of it, it didnt have ads or anything. Google play doesnt allow you to reactivate your account and they say if you reactivate another one and they find out they'll terminate it without a refund. I love google I just wish they had a better process to moderate their apps. If you dont use the same bank card and different email for another google play account, how will they found out? hah

KennedyE
Android Fan
PH, Nigeria
08/19/14 03:40 AM (10 years ago)
Oh really! Great lessons from you, I always believe nothing is impossible...

KennedyE
Android Fan
PH, Nigeria
08/20/14 01:11 AM (10 years ago)
I think you can make more money developing android bt plugins particularly elegant, multipurpose menu plugins and niche plugins.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.