Fingers Crossed
Veteran developer
Reg: Jan 16, 2012
Simcoe, ON
08/17/14 09:55 AM (10 years ago)

Compiling BT in Android Studio?

(I did post this on the twenty minute tutorial thread but thought it deserved it's own) First up: I got the Android compile working a year or so ago, and never revisited it. (I'm an iOS guy). I just picked up a tablet for Droid development, so trying to compile a project. OK, so I walked through the video, and after a couple of hiccups, managed to get Android Studio to load. Managed to import a project, but that's where I pretty much got stuck :) The BT read me relates to Eclipse, and I couldn't figure out where to add the library references (Eg: Android 4.0) While I'm at it, where do I stick the image files? @Mark: How about a simple video on compiling a apk / avd of a simple BT project? Some guidance would be appreciated. (Yes I did a search first :P ) Graham. FC

rburns50
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 12, 2014
Bilston - Engla...
08/17/14 10:46 AM (10 years ago)
Yes that would be useful, especially as everything I have read so far is for creating a gradle from Eclipse and then importing that into Studio.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
08/17/14 03:49 PM (10 years ago)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b84t7p9YuX8 This video does exactly what rburns50 referred to.Maybe it can help. I want to try it out too

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
08/18/14 12:07 PM (10 years ago)
I haven't been able to get a BT app to compile using Android Studio yet. It seems that their switch to the Gradle compiler has introduced some requirements that are different from the way BT currently packages our apps, but which is correct for the Eclipse ADT Bundle! I'm slowly trying to work my way through it...when I get something working, I'll create a video for everybody. Thanks, Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.