Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 66

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
08/18/14 01:57 PM (10 years ago)

Question plugin

I am looking for a plugin that could ask the user a question, and depending on the answer, gives them another list of questions. Each answer will have a value to it, so when they answer the last question, the final value will appear. Hope this makes sense. Is there a plugin out there already that could do this?

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
08/18/14 03:04 PM (10 years ago)
It sounds like you are looking for something like one of those forms you see on websites. I can't write plugins, just wondering if doing it in html might be an answer for you? There is an example here http://javascript.about.com/library/bl3drop.htm

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
08/19/14 01:41 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks for your reply. I'll give this a go. I guess it would have to be in custom HTML plugin right?

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
08/19/14 02:30 AM (10 years ago)
I would get it to work in your desktop browser first. I would then probably use the custom URL plugin for your project. I only use the custom html/text plugin for basic html display, but not much more. Cheers, Alan

Mike the App Guy
Lost but trying
Reg: Sep 19, 2011
Birmingham, Ala...
08/20/14 05:03 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks Alan Mac! I actually am looking for a similar function, and your answer here led me to this similar page: http://javascript.about.com/library/bldydrop1.htm What I want to do is a "directions" app. For example, if someone is in a hospital, and they need to get TO a certain department/location FROM a certain department/location, they could use a two tier drop down menu like the one in the link. Say someone is going to the Labor and Delivery department in a hospital to visit a relative who has just had a baby. The person has walked in the hospital, gotten on the elevator, and gone to the 2nd floor, where they thought they needed to go, but now they're lost and they need to get to Labor and Delivery, which is actually on the 4th floor. They look up and see that the hospital has a "directions" app, with QR codes all over the place to download it, and the app opens up and asks two questions: First, "Where in the hospital are you?" (the person can look around and choose the department or area) Then the menu below that would say "Where do you want to go?" (the person can choose where they need to go. In this case, say they look up, and the sign says GI Lab is where they are, and they need to go to Labor and Delivery. So, in the app, they would first choose "GI Lab" as where they are, and then they would choose "Labor and Delivery" as where they want to go. Based on that, the app would open a page that would give them directions. For example: "Facing the green GI Lab sign on the wall, turn to your right and walk past four doors to end of the hallway and turn left. Walk past 6 doors after turning left, and you will see a corridor where the elevators are located. Get on the elevator and go to the 4th floor. Exit the elevator and turn right, walk past 8 doors and turn left at the end of the hallway. Walk past 8 doors after turning left, and the Labor and Deliver department is on your left. There should be a purple sign that says "Labor and Delivery" hanging in the hallway in front of a nurse's station, and a nurse or receptionist should be at the nurse's station to assist you. Thank you, and enjoy your visit! If you need help finding your way out when you exit the hospital, please open this app again.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.