Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 10    Views: 77

ThomasSechak
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 10, 2011
Charlottsville
08/15/14 05:44 PM (10 years ago)

Will Pay - Custom Work - Media Player Plugin

I have made a couple apps using AT53 Video Player in them. I need some additional functionality in the plug in or a different audio plug-in that can do what I am describing and am willing to pay make it happen. I need something done very soon. Is there anyone that can help me with this? There may be a couple ways to achieve what I need done. So I will mention what I am looking for and then mention a way or two that I think it could happen. My apps are basically apps for meditation music and I intend to make a collection of them. I am using the AT53 Video Player plugin to play back an mp3 audio files. I would like to have video or something so it looks nice. But if I do that the apps will get way to big. Because inside the app I also have in app purchases for additional meditation music soundtracks that people can unlock. So if everything was actually a video the app would get to big. I do not want it so people need to be online in order to play back the audio on screens they unlock. So normal online media streaming is not an option for me. A couple ideas I have that could achieve this is below. They are in order of preference. 1. Perhaps make that the player will download or stream an audio/video file and save it within the app the first time they play it. The main thing is that once they play it the first time, then the app saves the audio/video file will be saved within the app. Thereby allowing them to listen even when not online. This will allow me to include apps main audio/video file in the app. But then if they unlock the additional screens for more audio files. On the new screen the video player will then download the audio / video file for that screen and save it in the app the first time they purchase then play the screen. This would allow offline playback. 2. Or is there a way to play an mp3 and have some kind of short looping animation or looping short video that all soundtracks use? Meaning the player always has predefined animation playing. It’s always the same one and separate from the mp3. Similar to how a music player on a computer can have some kind of graphic equalizer or animated color collages. 3. Or perhaps just be able to have an image background in the player when an mp3 is playing. Because right now if it’s an mp3, there is a giant quick time symbol.

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
08/15/14 05:51 PM (10 years ago)
With the client downloading the mp3 file, it would become a large App and you have to figure out where to store the mp3 files until they download. LA

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
08/16/14 01:36 AM (10 years ago)
Is this for iOS, Android or both? The first approach you outlined seems good enough, so what it is that you actually want? Create a new plugin that would enhance the AT53 plugin? Then you might be able to ask the plugin's creator first, I'd start from there. Only if he doesn't express interest I'd ask around for somebody else to do the custom coding. In any case, there will be a limit to what a device can actually hold in itself. What do you want to happen if the user buys a video that is not on the machine already and there is no space to download it? If you want someone to help you with the coding, you first have to make a project, a set of requirements for the programmer to abide by; without it, hiring a developer quickly turns into a mess. As a developer, I might be interested in helping you, but only AFTER you create full project requirements, mock screens with descriptions of input and output data for each screen, icons and so on.

ThomasSechak
Aspiring developer
Charlottsville
08/16/14 06:08 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Dusko Thanks for the reply. I did send the developer private message and a couple emails and never got a response. I'm still crossing my fingers I will get one and hope that he can help. But I cant wait too long. So in the mean time I wanted to put feelers out there if someone was willing and able to help me. The AT53 plug in is already very close, so just adding a little extra to it would be the simplest. And in that event, yes I would make sure its all very clear, etc... You asked a good question about what happens if the player is full already and the asnwer is I don't know what to do. They should not be very big. But if someone bought multiple versions which I hope they do, it would add up. So perhaps option one or 2 would be best so they do not have to be videos. And then just use an image background in the player (perhaps the cheapest and quickest), or an animated visualization in the player.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
08/16/14 08:37 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Thomas >and the answer is I don't know what to do Well, it's your app, you should tell the programmer what to do, not the other way around. What is highest number of mp3 files that you offer now? In the future? Would the user want to erase some of the mp3 that they have already downloaded from you? Do you plan to publish new versions of files, meaning that the ones that already exist on the devices would have to be erased first? Imagine the unimaginable, say, the user has downloaded a file and it becomes erased, acidentaly. How can they get what they already paid? Ask yourself questions like that and write them down. Make a system: describe the situation, the problem, the solution, how much that solution costs in terms of publisher's resources and so on. After a while, you will have your program requirement and the programmer will be pleasantly surprised, for a change.

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
08/16/14 08:43 AM (10 years ago)
You could reach out to ATRAIN, who made the plugin, to see if you can contract with him for the work. He may be able to do it for a better price if he knows he can resell the feature in the plugin, or sell it as a new plugin.

ThomasSechak
Aspiring developer
Charlottsville
08/16/14 08:55 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks Dusko, good questions, its helping me get clearer on what I need. I will type something out clearer in a short while. @ Susan I did send Atrain a few messages and yes I would prefer to go that route if possible. I emailed him a few months ago when I first started to think of something and have sent a few more messages recently and have not yet gotten a response. I can wait a little longer but I need to get something done.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
08/16/14 12:10 PM (10 years ago)
Android or ios?both?

ThomasSechak
Aspiring developer
Charlottsville
08/16/14 01:51 PM (10 years ago)
Both

ThomasSechak
Aspiring developer
Charlottsville
08/17/14 08:54 AM (10 years ago)
I was able to reach the developer of the audio plugin I am using. So thanks for your help. The comments that were made were very helpful in me getting clearer of what I needed. So at this point its moving forward as needed. Thanks

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
08/17/14 12:41 PM (10 years ago)
You are welcome.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.