Mike the App Guy
Lost but trying
Reg: Sep 19, 2011
Birmingham, Ala...
08/12/14 05:49 PM (10 years ago)

Xcode simulator looks like a device

I have seen videos where people show their app in the Xcode simulator, and it looks like there's a device on the edges of the simulator - an iPod, iPhone, or even iPad. Mine just looks like a big html box looking thing. Does it make sense what I'm talking about? How do I get the Xcode simulator to look like an actual device? (I'm not going to use the simulator only to test, just curious)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/12/14 06:05 PM (10 years ago)
The way I've seen it, the 'device' is only apparent when using the older simulator, as 'iPhone' running iOS6.1; anything newer just has a window open. Cheers! -- Smug

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
08/13/14 12:20 AM (10 years ago)
It's not down to the simulator, it is down to the resolution of your macsscreen. 15" Macbook pro non retina is only big enough to show iphone 3GS ios6 with the skin. Macbook pro retina you will see all of the devices full screen in teh simulator. My iMac 27" can see all device frames other than the retina iPad. Another way to get the frame is by using software to airplay teh screen like Reflector, this allows you to add a skin of any of the available devices colors and shapes.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.