steve cau
I hate code!
Reg: Nov 13, 2011
Reno
08/12/14 01:11 PM (10 years ago)

Nothing showing up in app on iphone or xcode simulator

Hi Guys been a while since I used buzz and started a design today with self hosted. Everything is up to date. New app and downloaded the ios xcode bundle. Fired up xcode and all screens are just blank. if i log out of the app running and make some changes to the buzz back end and relaunch the app it says there are changes and hit ok to update but still blank screens. I am sure I am missing something easy here for if someone could point in the right direction that would help. Thanks Steve

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
08/12/14 09:16 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Steve, There are a few things you can do to try and fix this. 1. Re-download your project - errors sometimes happen. 2. Copy your JSON from your control panel to your config.txt. 3. Clean your project: Xcode>Product>Clean 4. Reset the simulator: iOS Simulator>Reset Content and Settings... 5. Make sure you have added some screens to your home view, (EG. check the layout tab to see which menus you are using). Try these things - Let us know what works! -Cake http://buzztouch.me/chat/

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
08/13/14 07:48 AM (10 years ago)
Go to Layout to make sure your Home Screen is properly set. Did you configure a Splash screen by chance? There is a bug in the Control Panel for it. -- Niraj

steve cau
I hate code!
Reg: Nov 13, 2011
Reno
08/13/14 01:32 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks guys for the feed back. I have tried the options listed by you all and for some reason I have the same results. Simple Test: Layout set to each one of the menu plugin screens. I get a blank screen and no menu. This is the main issue. I built a screen with plug in stream audio and setup options. Set in layout and the screen opens with the player and works. No Mater what menu option (plugin) I try, I get blank screens. Same goes if I try to load a splash screen. It does not show. Also with a background image, uploaded to buzz and also copied into the image folder on xcode the background does not show. I have checked the server for updates, I am running the lastest release of xcode. This is strange and I have build several apps on this server with no issues. I took an app I build over a year ago and downloaded the xcode package and ran it with the same issue where no menus or navigation is shown. Steve

lady_di
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 06, 2013
Geelong, VIC
08/03/15 06:36 PM (9 years ago)
Hi wondering if you ever found a solution. I too are having similar issues. Simulator shows a blank screen with mater at the top.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.