Janeen
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 11, 2013
Southern Califo...
08/09/14 03:09 PM (10 years ago)

Class method for getJsonPropertyValue

Hello BT Geniuses! I'm revisiting a challenge I had several months ago, and giving it another go. I'm still working on my first app. I am trying to remove the "Back" button on the CR_menu_advanced, in 2 of the 3 instances of this plugin. When the user comes back from finishing a round of trivia, I want them to return to the menu. But upon tapping the back button on the menu, the user is taken back the the score page of the trivia round (which is technically going back one screen)! I've tried the solution from the post "Remove Back Button From Specific Screen", found here: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=DE93AC8D52217E671CBBA8D&command=isSearching&currentPage=2&topicTitle=back&createdBy=&repliedBy=&minViews=-1&maxViews=-1&minReplies=-1&maxReplies=-1&forumCategory=%22%20target=%22_blank When I try to implement Kittsy's code found at the bottom of the post, I get the following error in xCode: "No known class method for selector getJsonPropertyValue. I'm trying to drop this into the Cr_menu_advanced.m, around line 246, which is at the end of the viewWillAppear. Do I need to include something? Am I even making the change in the correct place? I'm sure this is a noob question, but then "Noob" is my middle name. j/k, sort of! Thanks! Janeen

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
08/09/14 04:15 PM (10 years ago)
iOS 6 made it so this format of a method call is no longer valid. The updated format should be: [BT_strings getJsonPropertyValue:self.screenData.jsonVars nameOfProperty:@"propertyName" defaultValue:@""];

Janeen
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 11, 2013
Southern Califo...
08/09/14 04:41 PM (10 years ago)
Chris! Thanks for your solution. It worked to get rid of the error, but unfortunately that bit of code did not remove the back button on my menu screen. At least the clean and build worked, which was an improvement. If this bit of code has worked for others to remove the back button from a plugin, perhaps they can chime in with any additional tips for getting this done. Thanks, Janeen

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.