stevek
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 24, 2011
great neck
08/08/14 02:09 PM (10 years ago)

Android app works on my Nexus7, but not on any virtual device.

I have an app and a Nexus7 connected. Runs fine. When I try to set up virtual devices with AVD, no matter what device I pick, even a Nexus7!, nothing works. Either the device shows a black screen or there's a message that device is not found, or log cat has tons of lines, cycling over and over again. Is there a special sauce recipe to put into these AVD's? I put in Android 4 API 14 as the target and arm armeabi-v7a as the CPU/ABI entry for all but is there anything thing else to do? Thanks. Steve

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
08/08/14 03:15 PM (10 years ago)
Think getting AVDs to work consistently requires a ton of hocus pocus, ranting and raving, and general upsetness. And even then, they don't work consistently (at least for me). If you have a device you can test on, that beats an AVD any day. Don't assume that because you're having issues with an AVD that you'd have issues with a real device...though the other way around is indeed something to be concerned about. If it's working with the Nexus 7 real device, be happy, do some testing, and publish that puppy! Mark

stevek
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 24, 2011
great neck
08/08/14 07:34 PM (10 years ago)
Good advice. Sent it off to the store and it's online. If it doesn't work with a particular device, the buyer can return it.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
08/08/14 07:51 PM (10 years ago)
Yep! And it's literally impossible to test all devices out there, so it's not even worth trying. If it works on some of the newer ones, it's likely to work on many. Good luck with the app! Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.