stevek
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 24, 2011
great neck
08/01/14 10:19 PM (10 years ago)

Restart of manifest.xml problem

Going to start all over again with this problem. Have new android app and after compiling and importing I get these errors in the manifest.xml file. It was suggested that the problem was that the google play services library was missing but it does appear in the project explorer. The errors are: Description Resource Path Location Type downloadButton cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_htmlDoc.java /stories/src/com/stories line 87 Java Problem documentTypeIcon cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_htmlDoc.java /stories/src/com/stories line 82 Java Problem openWithButton cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_htmlDoc.java /stories/src/com/stories line 86 Java Problem indicatorView cannot be resolved or is not a field WB_screen_menuImage.java /stories/src/com/stories line 684 Java Problem bt_screen_htmldoc cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_htmlDoc.java /stories/src/com/stories line 79 Java Problem descriptionView cannot be resolved or is not a field WB_screen_menuImage.java /stories/src/com/stories line 682 Java Problem iconView cannot be resolved or is not a field WB_screen_menuImage.java /stories/src/com/stories line 683 Java Problem wb_screen_menuimage_row cannot be resolved or is not a field WB_screen_menuImage.java /stories/src/com/stories line 674 Java Problem error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'value' with value '@integer/google_play_services_version'). AndroidManifest.xml /stories line 66 Android AAPT Problem titleView cannot be resolved or is not a field WB_screen_menuImage.java /stories/src/com/stories line 679 Java Problem headerImageContainer cannot be resolved or is not a field WB_screen_menuImage.java /stories/src/com/stories line 212 Java Problem headerImageView cannot be resolved or is not a field WB_screen_menuImage.java /stories/src/com/stories line 220 Java Problem listViewEnd cannot be resolved or is not a field WB_screen_menuImage.java /stories/src/com/stories line 161 Java Problem listView cannot be resolved or is not a field WB_screen_menuImage.java /stories/src/com/stories line 172 Java Problem wb_screen_menuimage cannot be resolved or is not a field WB_screen_menuImage.java /stories/src/com/stories line 115 Java Problem Thanks in advance. Steve

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
08/01/14 10:34 PM (10 years ago)
I think you may have a problem with your installation of the Android SDK. Just a hunch.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
08/02/14 12:16 AM (10 years ago)
When eclipse asked me for an update, it did mess up eclipse and adt installation. I did a fresh install also from the other post: Yes those look like problems when you dont reference google play service with your project.You imported it into eclipse correctly. Did you right click on your project,click properties,then add the library to your app project? https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0xg826b5mnvt0f/coo.png I get the same 100+ errors when I dont import google play services and this error shows when you dont import it: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'value' with value '@integer/google_play_services_version'). AndroidManifest.xml /stories line 66 Android AAPT Problem I removed the reference from my project and got that same error plus the others.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
08/02/14 12:18 AM (10 years ago)
Mark shows how to reference it to your app project @ 8:35 of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgurXKgP2AE&list=UUbL5gei-5kK8hHf5q3andnw

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.