Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 8    Views: 79

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
07/11/14 08:37 PM (10 years ago)

New Plugin: Music TabBar

Just release a new plugin: Music TabBar. Thanks to eespverbatim for commissioning this plugin. Music TabBar Copyright 2014, Chris Ruddell This plugin replaces the standard tabbar with a music player. Scroll the player to the left and reveal a custom playlist of songs! Load songs from a local file in the project or via URL. If the song comes from online, the user has an option to download it to their device for quick listening in the future. There are lots of customizable options for this plugin, including setting background colors or images, text values and properties, showing a progress bar or a description line, and more! Demo Video: ----------------------- https://www.dropbox.com/s/1t8kb012amicmee/demo.mov To Use: ----------------------- To use this plugin, first create a screen using the plugin in your app. Then, make sure you are using a tabbed layout on the Control Panel, and set the screen of the first tab to the Music TabBar plugin screen you created. In the control panel page for the Music TabBar plugin, you should also set your initial page to show the users. This will become your new "home page". For Plugin Developers: ------------------------ If you'd like to send a song to the Music TabBar player from your plugin, there are three easy ways to do this. Simply connect a button action to one of the following three methods: //This method lets you send a local bundled file to the player. +(void)loadSoundFromFile:(NSString*)fileName withIcon:(UIImage*)image andTitle:(NSString*)title andDescription:(NSString*)description; //This method lets you send a song file from anywhere using NSURL. Typical usage will be [NSURL urlWithString:@"http://"]; +(void)loadSoundFromURL:(NSURL*)theURL withIcon:(UIImage*)image andTitle:(NSString*)title andDescription:(NSString*)description; //This method lets you send a song file using the customized Cr_music_songItem object. If you understand this object, this can be a clean way of performing one of the methods above. +(void)loadSongItem:(Cr_music_songItem*)songItem; Note that these are all class methods from the CR_music_tabBar class. So, you could load a song into the player like this: [Cr_music_tabBar loadSoundFromFile:@"localFile.mp3" withIcon:iconImage andTitle:@"My Song" andDescription:@"From my awesome album"];

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
07/11/14 08:45 PM (10 years ago)
@chris1, That's such an awesome plugin! - I really enjoy seeing creative ways to "stretch" the core! I really hope to see some cool uses for this powerful plugin... It would have been perfect for one of apps... had it been around a year ago :D Cheers, -Cake

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
07/11/14 08:56 PM (10 years ago)
Just one a month, it's all we ask :-) Rock on, Chris! ♨️ -- Niraj

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
07/11/14 09:00 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks Niraj - one month for what though?

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
07/11/14 09:01 PM (10 years ago)
Oh, I misread that - sorry. Now, what would the fun be in only one plugin a month? ;)

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
07/11/14 09:22 PM (10 years ago)
super nice!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/12/14 12:58 AM (10 years ago)
Chris, this looks really cool. It might be because I'm an Aerosmith fan, but more than likely it's because you've created a killer plugin. Nice going! :) Cheers! -- Smug

eespverbatim
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 14, 2012
London
07/12/14 06:35 AM (10 years ago)
Ask and he shall deliver. Chris did an awesome job on this and it's been great fun getting it to together this week. I should mention (since I'm sure that Chris will be far too modest) that I only outlined the concept of this to him on Monday - sun went up, sun went down, and I had a first version in my hands. Anyone struggling away with their app in frustration - I heartily recommend giving Chris a knock on the door. Smug - if you're an Aerosmith fan, there's something coming for you soon.

KennedyE
Android Fan
Reg: Dec 07, 2013
PH, Nigeria
07/12/14 02:41 PM (10 years ago)
Great! Looking forward to the android version... I ask for more menu like plugins chris, cheers!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.