Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
07/09/14 09:45 AM (10 years ago)

Android Screenshots and Sharing

This morning's exercise was successful: 1) Taking screenshots of my App on my Android device. 2) Sharing them with my Mac desktop, so I can get the screenshots on my web page. Just like taking screen shots of my iOS App on my iPhone, and sharing with my Mac desktop. With iOS you do a screen shot by simultaneously holding down the soft power button at the bottom of the phone's front screen, and the hard power button on the top edge. Screen shot images are saved in the Camera > Camera Roll. Sharing is accomplished either through iCloud (if you have iCloud activated), or by USB cable with iTunes. With Android 4, screenshots happen by simultaneously holding down the Power button and the Volume Down button. Screen shot images are saved in the Photos App. Sharing is accomplished through a number of options, ranging from e-mail to Twitter, to Facebook. I chose Google Plus. On my Mac, I can download the image from there, via web browser, with the right-click Save As. There a $4.99 App called AirSync - which I was hoping would wirelessly get the screen shots to iCloud. The info about it in Google Play was too much about syncing songs and videos with iTunes, which is a different fork in the road for me, so I didn't spend the $4.99. Supposedly you can connect via USB cable, with some setting needing to be activated on the device ("you need to enable USB mass storage MSC mode"), but the path as to "how" ended at that. Maybe others here have other experiences? I'm OK with Save As from Google Plus, but I kind of wanted to wirelessly save to iCloud.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/09/14 03:58 PM (10 years ago)
I usually take Android Screenshots within Eclipse. If you're using a device or simulator, while the app is 'running' choose 'DDMS' and you can select the device, and choose a 'screenshot' icon. In iOS it's similar; choose your device in 'Organizer' and you can take screenshots. In both my methods, the devices are 'tethered' to the computer by their respective data cables... Cheers! -- Smug

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
07/10/14 05:58 PM (10 years ago)
Today, when I did screenshots on my Visual Land Android 4 device, and went to Photos to see them, it offered me the opportunity to save the photos (sync) to my Private Drive!!! Which turned out to be part of Google+. There, they are full size. I downloaded them one-at-a-time, and all is well.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.