Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 6    Views: 67

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
07/08/14 09:21 AM (10 years ago)

Does Login Screen plugin need updated to work with BT 3.0?

I posted another thread with the issue, I'm having, but with all the code it seemed confusing, and I've narrowed it down to the login screen plugin, so thought I'd put it here instead. "Login Screen" hasn't been updated to work with 3.0, because we still need to manually remove the "rootApp" from 6 lines of code after downloading our project, as seen here: http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?fid=BC70C36A743CD4FAD95D17F So that tells me that it hasn't been looked at to make 3.0 changes. I'm using version 1.6, which reports as the current version. Removing the 6 instances of .rootApp.rootUser and changing them to just .rootUser works fine to get the project to compile, but I think it's causing another issue. If the user is not logged in, everything works great. However, if a user is logged in, hitting refresh or sending the app to the background and returning it to the foreground results in a sigbart crash of the app. The offending code is: ret = [ret stringByReplacingOccurrencesOfString:@"[userId]" withString:[appDelegate.rootUser userId]]; I don't see rootApp in there, so thats a good sign, but wondering if the two are related, or if it's a known issue with Mr. Books Login Screen plugin? This error happens right out of the box on a freshly downloaded project.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
07/08/14 03:06 PM (10 years ago)
I was using login successfully with BT 2.0, but not with BT 3.0. From memory, similar symptoms. Compile errors and crashing reported here back in January, http://www.buzz-tools.com/pluginTracker.php so it has been broken for a while.

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
07/08/14 03:10 PM (10 years ago)
Ok, cool, at least it's not just me. I think I have two different issues happening. One I think is just the login screen plugin's .rootApp thing, which is easily edited to fix... the other source of my problem may be something to do with the php end of my issue. Starting to get it narrowed down a bit more... I'll post when I find the results.

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
07/08/14 05:32 PM (10 years ago)
To give closure to this thread; the reason the app was crashing was it required 4 parameters in the JSON for example: {"result":{"status":"valid","userGuid":"123","userDisplayName":"Guest", "userEmail":"[email protected]"}} But the Wordpress login was only returning two: {"result":{"status":"valid","userDisplayName":"Guest"}} As a result, the app can't find the value of the User ID or the userEmail on the app refresh and therefor it crashes. To fix this I sent Danny an updated of the Wordpress script that fixes the JSON returned by the plugin so that it is valid. Cheers, -Cake

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
07/08/14 05:36 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks for your help with this Cake. Much appreciated! I see that you already sent Danny the updated script. Thanks. :)

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
07/08/14 05:41 PM (10 years ago)
No problem! I sent Danny the updated script... which is already installed in your Wordpress plugin :D

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
07/08/14 05:52 PM (10 years ago)
Just tested it, works perfectly. :) Still might look into that other method we were talking about though, for a more convenient plugin package, that doesn't require WP. I don't think it will take much to do.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.