Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 40

Joe Sprott
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 20, 2011
Melbourne, FL
07/08/14 03:13 AM (10 years ago)

Function and Method

I am installing parse and the following code is supposed to be placed in the didFinishLaunchingWithOptions.The following text is the instructions. Did I paste the code in the proper way? I am in the .m app delegate here. instruction: Then paste the following inside the application:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions: function: [Parse setApplicationId:@"dkJjL7OCa0tPp2NxfnjfljiAfbanZ6YHz6XvJ5O9" clientKey:@"N7yJEhvhYTVNjm34CbViUELOrbdcJODHc2d82jD5"]; is below the correct placement? and what is the location of the method if this is the function? @implementation sensors_appDelegate @synthesize showDebugInfo, statusBarStyle, navBarTitleTextColor; @synthesize window, rootNetworkMonitor, rootApp, rootDevice, rootUser, currentMode, uiIsVisible; @synthesize configurationFileName, saveAsFileName, modifiedFileName, isRefreshing; @synthesize audioPlayer, soundEffectNames, soundEffectPlayers, receivedData, contextMenu; //didFinishLaunchingWithOptions... -(BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)application didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:(NSDictionary *)launchOptions{ [BT_debugger showIt:self message:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"didFinishLaunchingWithOptions%@", @""]]; [Parse setApplicationId:@"dkJjL7OCa0tPp2NxfnjfljiAfbanZ6YHz6XvJ5O9" clientKey:@"N7yJEhvhYTVNjm34CbViUELOrbdcJODHc2d82jD5"]; Now where would I place the following assuming I have the first correct? Make your app register for remote notifications by adding the following in your didFinishLaunchingWithOptions: method (if you haven't already): [application registerForRemoteNotificationTypes:UIRemoteNotificationTypeBadge| UIRemoteNotificationTypeAlert| UIRemoteNotificationTypeSound]; So I guess I need to know where the function is and where the method is Joe

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
07/08/14 03:56 PM (10 years ago)
Joe -- how you doing! I don't know parse. Perhaps this will catch the eye of fellow Parsers if you add "Parse" into the title of the post. -- Niraj

Joe Sprott
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 20, 2011
Melbourne, FL
07/08/14 04:05 PM (10 years ago)
hey Niraj doing good. trying to complete an update to an app. Android finished with parse but I don't know much about methods in xcode but Sue helped me place the code. I am working through a few more tests and away it goes. It's pretty large corp app 50 screens maybe I will post it. I hope your doing well and I am back at the learning again Thanks Joe

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.