Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 24

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
07/03/14 02:28 AM (10 years ago)

New version of app

Big huge thanks to the buzz guru,s i have both apps in the store ios and android, thanks to the help from the guys here, what i need to do is design new versions for both ios and android, but i need to make sure i can still change things in the released versions, there's plugin that allows you to copy an existing app, will i be able to copy it and then make different version for both ios and android, without affecting the existing app Cheers Sean

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
07/03/14 03:12 AM (10 years ago)
~From the descriptions, I believe the copying utilities will not affect your existing app, the question to ask is will they copy the entire app lock stock and barrel? @chris1's utility sounds like it might. I also remember reading a recent post from David Book, where he said that app copying will be in the next version of BT.

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
07/03/14 04:35 AM (10 years ago)
Yeah ive looked at the plugin and it seams it wont transfer the whole app and it still looks at the buzztouch core for images, which is not what i want, i want to take my apps away from the buzz core so that im not draining there servers, as my apps tend to be quite big and will keep growing, i will wait for the new buzz core then and invest my $30 in the instant database plugin as thats gonna speed my app up, am i right in thinking that al :)

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
07/03/14 08:34 AM (10 years ago)
Sean, I can't tell you if the instant database plugin will speed anything up, as I don't know anything about the internal design of your app. From what I have seen, your app loads a lot of graphics and menus and you drill down through that to get to the content. It is easy to navigate, but having such a big app means it will always take time to load your stuff. If using the database plug-in means you reducing the number of menus, that will reduce the size and the load time. Or maybe you could use search in some way. The long refresh is still there, but be honest, once loaded, your app runs fine. The only way I can think of changing that long refresh is to divide the loading of content into smaller chunks (which I think you did), but even then, it might be that an app refresh load all the all chunks together anyway.

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
07/03/14 09:54 AM (10 years ago)
yeah your right, im happy with the app as it is, and its still under 7mb, i am gonna put search in there on first menu, good idea, changed my mind about the database as its only ios, which is no good to me, thanks for your help al :)

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
07/03/14 10:00 AM (10 years ago)
Never a problem Sean, glad I could help.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.