Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 26

mooncelt
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 16, 2013
Lubbock, TX
07/02/14 08:58 PM (10 years ago)

iTunes Playlist help - can you tweak it for specific songs, not just artists/bands?

I'm trying to create a themed playlist for an app (and for some successive apps if I can make this work). The instructions say artist/band iTunes id, I'd like to designate specific songs for my playlist. Blue skies, Wanda

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
07/02/14 09:27 PM (10 years ago)
Hey there Wanda! How goes it. Hope your travels find you in good health. Just from your description, would another approach be to make your own YouTube playlist with the selected songs on it? -- Niraj

mooncelt
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 16, 2013
Lubbock, TX
07/02/14 09:42 PM (10 years ago)
Ahhhhh, Niraj, my comrade in arms! I tried the YouTube Playlist approach, and the artists have cleverly embedded little pieces of code that prohibit their videos from playing through mobile apps, which defeated my purpose of setting a certain emotional mood within my app. So I'm turning to iTunes instead, and possibly wanting to make 5% on my recommendation of the music - not a YouTube video. So the question remains - can I tweak the code to point to specific songs?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.