Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 1    Views: 62

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
06/29/14 03:01 PM (10 years ago)

When a BT PlugIn is Updated

I noticed that Location Map had been updated 2 weeks ago. Can I take a short cut? Can I export a new .zip (iOS)... and then just drag/drop the new PlugIn folder into my existing Xcode, and Clean? That would save those other pesky steps in Xcode regarding fixing Build Architecture and Signing. Or, does BT Control Panel create other files that somehow refer to this new Map vs the previous Map?? Outside of the PlugIns folder? Is there a similar shortcut for Android? Although I know that we don't do drag/drop PlugIns in Eclipse as we do in Xcode to start with. And, we have to export the .apk with the pesky keystore voodoo dance.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/29/14 03:41 PM (10 years ago)
You've got the right idea; you can 'update' code in the project... Just download the self hosted version, and copy it into your project, replacing the 'original' file. But you'll need to also change a few references to get rid of the errors that will appear. for iOS, search/replace all instances of 'BT_appDelegate' with 'yourAppName_appDelegate' in Android, same thing, and you also need to change the package name at the top of any imported java file from 'com.buzzTouch' to 'com.yourAppName'. I think that's about it. It's not too hard, but if you stumble, give us a yell. Cheers! -- Smug By the way... when I say 'just copy the plugin into your project' there is actually a few caveats to that... 1) The plugin 'directory' in your project will NOT be deleted, even though the files are. You'll have to delete that manually (if that is what you want to happen). So, if you delete 'BT_screen_map', it will appear gone, and the files 'are' deleted, but the directory itself will remain in the project. 2) The 'server' plugin directory does not follow the same naming conventions as the plugin directory included with your project. There is a directory, support files, and subdirectories containing code for various versions... those are named 'iOS', 'Android' and such... Inside those will reside the actual files you need (depending on platform). You will need to create a directory named after the plugin, then copy the platform specific files into that directory, then add that directory to your project, and then edit the new files to match your project references.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.