Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 51

vytocorwebsolutions
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 08, 2013
Memphis, TN
07/01/14 05:58 PM (10 years ago)

Plugin Download/Refresh Issues

I am using the self hosted control panel. For some reason, when I attempt to add the plugins that I have downloaded from the online control panel, the plugins do not sync. I do not want to continue to try as in it takes away from my API calls. I also attempted to upload the .zip files manually to the folder. This was not successful either. Can you please assist.

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
07/01/14 06:30 PM (10 years ago)
I wouldn't worry too much about the API calls. You have to really start downloading your project a lot before that becomes an issue. When you say they do not sync, do you mean that they aren't downloading in the zip file? Or do you mean that your app doesn't recognize them? Is it all plugins, or just some? If some, can you give an example?

vytocorwebsolution...
Code is Art
Memphis, TN
07/01/14 06:35 PM (10 years ago)
When I click "Download Plugins from your buzztouch.com Control Panel" nothing happens. After that, I manually uploaded the .zip files to the plugins folder manually then clicked Refresh option. The error I received: "...directory contents are invalid because... Plugin directory does not exist:"

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
07/01/14 06:41 PM (10 years ago)
Okay - that's weird. Small bit of good news: that feature doesn't touch your API calls. First thing I would check is the file permissions on your /BT-server/files folder. Make sure it's set to 755. If it doesn't work, you can ftp the plugins in for the "super manual" method. It's sure to work. To do so, follow these steps: 1) Download the self-hosted version of the plugin from buzztouch.com 2) Unzip the file to your computer 3) Create a folder in the /BT_server/files folder on your server named the same as the plugin zip file. For instance, if you downloaded a plugin zip called "Cr_survey.zip", you should create a folder called "Cr_survey". 4) Upload the contents of the zip file that you unzipped to the new directory you created. After you've done that for all the plugins, go to the plugin management section of your self-hosted server and press the "refresh plugins" button a couple of times.

vytocorwebsolution...
Code is Art
Memphis, TN
07/01/14 07:11 PM (10 years ago)
You're the greatest! That seems to be working, and the the plugins are all loading in. Thank you sir!

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
07/02/14 08:07 PM (10 years ago)
@Chris1 If I update a plugin, do I need to fully export a new .zip of the Android and iOS, and bring each into EEclipse and Xcode, or can I just replace the specific plugin's files in Eclipse or Xcode? It's just that with Xcode, we need to manually change the build architecture and signing, and drag the plugins in again... and Eclipse dealing with the keystore. Can we just drag the plugins in again? :) My BT Server seems to be handling the plugins updates. I'll keep checking. Also, I sent a PM.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.