Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 37

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
06/29/14 01:21 AM (10 years ago)

android using small settings

Heres one for you coders out there, how can i make my eclipse project only use small setttings, im having loads of problems with the menu with image plugin as there are loads of android screen sizes, so until i can work out how to fix this, is there anyway i can make eclipse just use small settings on on larger phones, as my app looks great on iphone and smaller sized screens, but gets all out of wack on larger screens thanks sean

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/29/14 05:18 AM (10 years ago)
That depends on your definition of 'make my eclipse project use only small settings'. If you want to just 'use small device' settings regardless of what folks are using, then comment out lines 106-111 of 'BT_device.java', and replace it with: this.isLargeDevice = false; in the same area. if you're worried about cutting, pasting, commenting, or what have you, you can also opt to have it say 'this.isLargeDevice=false' for both sides of the 'if' statement... Cheers! -- Smug

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
06/29/14 05:47 AM (10 years ago)
thanks for that dude, didnt do what i thought it was gonna do, its still using large icons horizontally on larger phones, do you know where extra file is for menu with icons plugin dude, they mention it posts, the 600 folder that go,s in the drawable files

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/29/14 07:06 AM (10 years ago)
I'm not sure what to say. The icon for MWI is a 50 x 50 pixel imageView, and that's the size regardless of device, large or small. That said, there are 3 files included with the Android version of Menu with Image... WB_screen_menuImage.java, in your src directory, and wb_screen_menuImage.xml, which displays the 'list', and wb_screen_menuImage_row.xml, which displays the 'row items'. These are located in res/layout Cheers! -- Smug

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
06/29/14 07:37 AM (10 years ago)
thanks smug, will check that out :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.