Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 6    Views: 62

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
06/27/14 03:22 PM (10 years ago)

Are these Bugs, or No?

I would still like to get to the bottom of a couple of things, before moving on to bigger and better: Self Hosted 3.0. Menu Simple - Android menu rows are clear... should be solid black. iOS is solid black. Location Map - iOS 7 current location pulsating bubble is black, not blue. I've posted for 2-3 weeks, and written PMs to a couple of developers here. Then I would like to add a couple of more features (PlugIns) to my App... called from the callout bubble on Location Map and using the Lat/Lng of the location in question (building or natural feature). Looking for starting points on that as well.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
06/30/14 10:00 AM (10 years ago)
I don't know the answer to your questions, but I think @Stobe handles the buglist for core issues. There are a couple of alternative menu's you could try in the market - have you considered those? I use both menu simple with image and menu advanced and I don't believe either suffer from the row background colour background bug you are experiencing. Also, bit of a long shot, but are you referencing the background colour as 'black or '#000000'? I have found that the hex colour always works, but not the named colour.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
06/30/14 10:05 AM (10 years ago)

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
06/30/14 10:12 AM (10 years ago)
As for the PlugIn market... I have written to App Developers, with no reply. If I can't have a pre-sales conversation, what is an after-sale tech question going to look like? I paid my $90 membership. The 2 free PlugIns that I picked should work.. or at least some clues as to conflicts that are changing things. Menu Simple: Android rows are clear, blue on return. Location Map: iOS 7 pulsating location dot is black, not blue. For 7 years, iOS maps have had pulsating blue dots for current location. I clicked on some of the Menu Simple files (in Eclipse), and even though I have this in my Control Panel "itemType": "BT_screen_menuListSimple", "itemNickname": "Main", "navBarTitleText": "Main", "listRowBackgroundColor": "#000000", "listTitleFontColor": "#FFFF33", "listRowSelectionStyle": "none", All of the Menu List Simple files in Eclipse were "listRowBackgroundColor": "clear". I changed them to "listRowBackgroundColor": "#000000"... but in the Simulator, and on my device, the rows are still clear, then transparent blue after selected. My Simulator is using API 19. My Eclipse is set for API 18.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
06/30/14 11:46 AM (10 years ago)
It was nice seeing Stobe's name again, but alas, I haven't seen him in a long while, and... The error that the other server returned was: 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
06/30/14 03:04 PM (10 years ago)
I can see you are frustrated and you have dogged determination to get to the bottom of the issues with those plugins, I can't help with the fixing of the plug-ins themselves. All I can suggest, to fix your android issue, is that the menu simple with image is the nearest alternative to menu with image that I can think of. It is inexpensive and I've always found the author to be incredibly helpful.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
07/03/14 10:56 AM (10 years ago)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.