CampGirl
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 10, 2013
Here and Now
06/27/14 10:54 AM (10 years ago)

Where does audio file go??

Hi, My quiz app has an audio file I want playing in the background (looped a couple of times), and I've put it in the control panel, as well as into the folder in Xcode. I can hear it when I refresh the home page in the simulator and on my device. Do I also need to put the file name into the code itself to make sure it plays when the app is live? In loadconfig/viewcontroller.m area? What line? Thanks! Sarah

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
06/27/14 11:39 AM (10 years ago)
If it works now and you can hear it, then you've done it, no more should be necessary. Or have I misunderstood the question?

CampGirl
Lost but trying
Here and Now
06/27/14 11:45 AM (10 years ago)
Yes, thanks- it just doesn't play on opening the app, only after refreshing. Also, it didn't work at first on my device, only on the simulator, so I thought I was missing something. I was also worried that the sound wouldn't work when the app is live, that maybe it only worked on the simulator. (I have another app in the store in which the sound file doesn't work on the live app.) I don't see the actual audio file name written in the code, know what I mean? I don't know much about code.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
06/27/14 01:11 PM (10 years ago)
I don't know much about code either and I don't use sound much myself, so I am probably not going to prove very useful. From memory, I think background audio needs to be declared in each plug-in where audio is played, there is provision for that in the control panel for each plug-in that supports it. I don't believe there is one place for the whole app.

CampGirl
Lost but trying
Here and Now
06/28/14 10:59 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks, AlanMac- I'll check to make sure it's in each plugin where I want it. Maybe I'm getting it wrong on the details anyway.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.