Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 62

feraco
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2012
nyc
06/28/14 11:48 AM (10 years ago)

Smug location menu distance in menu question

Hey Smug thank you for this cool plug in. I really learned alot more about Json by being so determined to get this to work. I created the json data and the menu compile as I expected. When I click on the map I have no problems. The menu compiles with extemely large distances which do not make sense. The distance between the two point should be about 0-100 miles but the menu is saying 5230 miles away. How can I change this ? what am I doing wrong? Smug thank you for making this menu it is very cool but now im need someoned 2 cents.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/28/14 02:37 PM (10 years ago)
Well, first things first... 1) Make sure your project 'core' has GPS turned on... that's a biggie. 2) If you're working on a 'real' device, ensure location services are available, and go outside and walk around for a minute, to allow it time to get a GPS Fix. Then the 'last known location' will work for a pretty good while... OR 3) Provide a location for the simulator, so that you can realistically test while stationary. http://www.cardinalsolutions.com/cardinal/blog/mobile/2013/02/testing_a_location-a.html Hope this helps, but let me know if you run into a bump! Cheers! -- Smug If nothing is actively done, the default location for the simulator is somewhere in the middle of San Francisco... and distances will be measured from there unless otherwise adjusted.

feraco
Aspiring developer
nyc
06/28/14 02:39 PM (10 years ago)
Got it smug! I spent almost a day learning this plug in. (totally worth it) but I got it the solution was turning on gps in my core setting of the control panel. This is a cool plug in! What other cool geo tools are are you working on?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
06/28/14 02:42 PM (10 years ago)
My current project isn't geocoordinate related :( Any ideas or requests? Can't say I'll get to it tomorrow, but if it's interesting, I'll put it on my list... :) Cheers! -- Smug Oh, Somewhat geo related is my release of 'wb_addons' for self hosted. If you're going to be doing any kind of 'location services' this is a good kit to have installed... https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=DD7AB5D535F2631073ED32C&currentPage=2

feraco
Aspiring developer
nyc
06/28/14 03:23 PM (10 years ago)
Is there a way for the users location to show on the map when click the location from your menu?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
06/28/14 03:26 PM (10 years ago)
Of course! :) You would approach this the same way as any other 'menu' style plugin... The childItems would need to contain the information you want to load the other plugin... I'm working on a loadScreenObject tutorial that walks you through this... should be done in a day or so... Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.