richardemery839
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 15, 2013
Bangkok
06/22/14 01:59 AM (10 years ago)

Emailing app

I have saved an apk file to my desktop to email to friends to check out but having made 3 attempts to email it via Gmail I keep getting error messages. Any suggestions? This is the first time I have come across this kind of problem with Gmail since the days when you could not send movies (which you can now).

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
06/22/14 02:47 AM (10 years ago)
What sort of error do you get? I've never had a problem sending a file with a .apk extension. If it continues not to work, you could always put it on DropBox or some other file sharing site, then send the link to your friends. They can install from there as well. Mark

richardemery839
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 15, 2013
Bangkok
06/22/14 03:33 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Mark Typical, of course, I go back for a 4th attempt to check out the error message and the files goes and sends. But I will remember your dropbox suggestion for any future problems. I was actually surprised because the app I sent was a trial and nowhere near as big as the app I am preparing for a local magazine. Thanks anyway.

Tony @ Buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 05, 2011
Saint Louis, Mi...
06/22/14 07:34 AM (10 years ago)
Richard, Mark is right on track with this. Grab a free dropbox account throw the file in the public folder, right click and you will see share url then email that to you contact. They will be able to click the link and the project will DL. The only thing I could think is the file size is to large to send via email. Cheers... Tony @ Buzztouch

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.