Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 1    Views: 58

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/20/14 09:37 PM (10 years ago)

Plugin Update: Smugs Location Menu

Greetings and Salutations. Just updated the 'Smug Location Menu' after working with Susan Metoxen on an odd issue; the iOS version and the Android version were displaying different distances. It turns out that I don't know math as well as I should. An update has been released to correct my errant calculations. The iOS version is fine. Changes and corrections have been made to the Android version. If you just want to fix your project without too much muss or fuss, make these changes: In SW_locationmenu.java, in the 'getDistance' method (line 814-ish) change finalDistance = (totalDistance1 + totalDistance2 / 2) to finalDistance = ((totalDistance1 + totalDistance2) / 2) in both Mile and Kilometer calculations. And again, thanks to Susan Metoxen for noticing this!! Cheers! -- Smug

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
06/20/14 10:16 PM (10 years ago)
The plugin is sweet and truly brings us to a new level. There is so much power in this plugin, and Smug has set up many variables for customization.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.