Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 70

benedettoapp
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 22, 2013
Italy
06/20/14 01:29 AM (10 years ago)

To all plugin makers

I think that you all do those plugins in your free time, so i respect your decisions, but please if you can and know how, make all plugins for android and iOS not only one or another, because in my case if it's not for both i cannot use them. Thanks for your time, plugins are growing and that is always a good thing.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/20/14 03:53 AM (10 years ago)
I completely understand what you're saying; I also develop apps for multiple markets. But, really, it's like saying "I want you to speak Spanish AND Italian". If mastering a language isn't hard enough, mastering 'two' is a bit more of a challenge. Apple and Android are close enough to be similar, different enough to be annoying. So, although I share your wishes, I try to keep my expectations in check. Believe me, this is not a new topic; many share your desires. I think a new crop of Android development is starting to appear, and that's a good thing. Developers like CMCoffee are learning both platforms and are starting to release 'matching' plugins to counter those available only for iOS... so it's coming. Just slower than we want. Cheers! -- Smug

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
06/20/14 02:16 PM (10 years ago)
I can only second Smug. Each platform has a completely different code behind it. Because Buzztouch users are sometimes very unaware of the code, which is what Buzztouch was created for, they don't really understand the complexity of the work behind what makes the whole thing work. My argument for the plguin market is that Android is growing, but not as fast as iOS. Maybe there will come a day when iOS falls behind Android... and boy, there will be tons of complaints if this happens. However, more Android plugins would be welcome. I do agree with your wish, it's just that I wish people would understand the complexity a bit more. It's easy to wish, hard to make the wish happen.

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
06/20/14 10:20 PM (10 years ago)
I'm in the same boat as you. I can only use plugins that work for both. But as chris1 wisely has said, plan on three times the development time for Android. The code isn't that hard, but you have to plan on time for Eclipse problems, image resizing, and layouts.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.