richardemery839
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 15, 2013
Bangkok
06/17/14 02:28 AM (10 years ago)

Works on IOS but not Eclipse

Oh helpful people that you are could you take a gander at this please. Thanks in advance. About an hour ago I made the simplest app possible. Simple menu with one row leading to a PDF - did not even attach a PDF. It works fine in IOS. On Smugs advice I have downloaded all the Android tools possible. Then I tried to load the app - named it hat. Unzipped the file and put the folder on my desktop. File new project and imported whole folder. It already had a red x. So I refreshed it and nothing happened. In the problems panel on the bottom it said 10 errors. The src folder had a red x so I expanded it and the first line was the name "com.hat" (shouldn't this be com.hat.com?) Anyway, I expanded that and two lines had a red x. The first was BT_screen_menulistsimple.java and the second was BT_screen_pdfDoc.java. Number one would not open in the right hand panel and on trying to open it the error came up. Problem Occurred. An error has occurred. See error log for more details.org.eclipse.swt.SWTException:Widget is disposed. The second line did open up and I highlighted the errors, which are:documentTypeIcon, OpenWithButton & downloadButton. But on highlighting eclipse would not let me make the suggested changes. The 3rd, and final red x on the expansion of 'hat'is on AndroidManifest.xml and I got the Problem Occurred message and could not open it. If I am getting all these problems with this very simple app is there something fundamentally wrong with my Eclipse program? Btw - at this point I had not even added the google play services lib. file. I did but nothing changed.

richardemery839
Aspiring developer
Bangkok
06/17/14 03:48 AM (10 years ago)
Actually guys I have fixed the src file - turns out I could get in and change what needed to be changed. But..... I don't know how to change the problem in the AndroidManifest.xml folder at the line:- <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value= "@integar/google_play_services_version"/> The message is error:Error:No resource found that matches the given name (at'value' with value '@interger/google_play_services_version).

kingelessar
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 10, 2014
UK
06/17/14 04:03 AM (10 years ago)
Did you link the google play services library to the project?

richardemery839
Aspiring developer
Bangkok
06/17/14 04:33 AM (10 years ago)
I had not. I thought I had but that was in Smug's notes. I guess I have been going round in circles so much my head was spinning. All looks ok now. Fingers crossed going to try to run in simulator

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.