FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
06/13/14 10:28 AM (10 years ago)

eclipse problems

hi guys, ive tried everything to try and fix this, ive uninstalled everything 5 times, re downloaded all the sdks, but im still getting loads of errors, even before ive added play services, what i have noticed is that when i put the project in eclipse, i dont have a play jar fil in lib, even after i install play services, anybody any idea what im doing wrong, xcode was a doddle compared to eclipse lol thanks sean

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
06/13/14 10:51 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Sean, Check out these two videos I did recently. They're unedited, but should give you what you need to know: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4993711/Eclipse_ADT_Install.mp4 (For Mac, but the basic premise is the same for Windows/Linux) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4993711/Import_Self_Hosted_Into_Eclipse.mp4 (Works for BT.com projects as well) Mark

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
06/13/14 10:54 AM (10 years ago)
cheers mark, im gonna uninstall everything and start again, im even gonna install java and reinstall, am i right in thinking even though im running 64 bit, im better installing the x86 of java and eclipse sean

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
06/13/14 10:57 AM (10 years ago)
Yea, the x86 version of Java seems to be more stable. If you're doing this on a Mac, Java is already installed. Just grab the ADT package from Google and you're good to go.

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
06/13/14 10:58 AM (10 years ago)
no im doing it on pc, will doing it on my mac make it easier :)

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
06/13/14 11:12 AM (10 years ago)
You don't have to mess with the Java install on Mac, because it's already there. If you're doing iPhone development as well, might as well have both Eclipse and Xcode on the same box!

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
06/13/14 11:16 AM (10 years ago)
yeah true, im gonna try on mac, thanks for your help dude, fingers crossed lol :)

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
06/13/14 02:40 PM (10 years ago)
hi followed your video to a tea, my mac was following your actions screen for screen, but as soon as i import my project at the end of your tutorial i get 281 errors, its a new download of the project from buzz as well, installed it all from fresh on the mac, and i still get the errors at the end,, is there anyway a plugin is conflicting or something

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
06/13/14 02:43 PM (10 years ago)
You'll get errors until you link the Google Play Services library. Did you do that already?

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
06/14/14 02:47 AM (10 years ago)
yes dude, when i link the google play service, i get 100s of more errorsif i take api down to 2.2 i only get 3

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
06/14/14 03:06 AM (10 years ago)
the main error is (r cannot be resolved in a variable) and they all seam to be java problems, ive cleaned the machine reinstalled java x86 and i get the same errors as when i used the 64 bit java, iv also installed x84 eclipse, but still get the same probs, i also dont get play service jar file in libs

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
06/14/14 03:41 AM (10 years ago)
heres my manifest file is there anything wrong with it <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <!-- File Version: 3.2: 02/24/2014 --> <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="com.uktheatres" android:versionCode="1" android:versionName="1.0"> <!-- app requires Android 4.0 or above on device --> <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="14"/> <!-- required device permissions --> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_CONTACTS" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_CONTACTS" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO" /> <!-- Google Cloud Messaging permissions (PROJECT NUMBER REQUIRED FURTHER DOWN IN THIS DOCUMENT) --> <permission android:name="com.uktheatres.permission.C2D_MESSAGE" android:protectionLevel="signature" /> <uses-permission android:name="com.uktheatres.permission.C2D_MESSAGE" /> <uses-permission android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK" />      <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.VIBRATE" /> <!-- Google Maps permissions (GOOGLE MAPS FOR ANDROID API KEY REQUIRED FURHTER DOWN IN THIS DOCUMENT) --> <uses-permission android:name="com.uktheatres.permission.MAPS_RECEIVE"/> <uses-permission android:name="com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES"/> <uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00020000" android:required="true"/> <!-- other optional hardware features --> <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera" android:required="false" /> <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera.autofocus" android:required="false" /> <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.location" android:required="false" /> <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.location.gps" android:required="false" /> <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.telephony" android:required="false" /> <!-- supported screen sizes and density --> <supports-screens android:resizeable="true" android:anyDensity="true" android:smallScreens="true" android:normalScreens="true" android:largeScreens="true" android:xlargeScreens="true" /> <!-- application --> <application android:name="uktheatres_appDelegate" android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:label="@string/app_name" android:theme="@style/hostThemeWithTitle" android:hardwareAccelerated="false" android:debuggable="true"> <!-- Google Play Services Your project must reference the Google Play Service library project. See http://developer.android.com/google/play-services/setup.html --> <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version" /> <!-- Google Cloud Messaging Project Number Replace "YOUR_GOOGLE_GCM_PROJECT_NUMBER" with the Project Number provided by Google See http://developer.android.com/google/gcm/gs.html --> <meta-data android:name="googleCloudMessagingProjectNumber" android:value="YOUR_GOOGLE_GCM_PROJECT_NUMBER_GOES_HERE"/> <!-- Google Maps v2 API Key Replace "GOOGLE_MAPS_FOR_ANDROID_V2_API_KEY_GOES_HERE" on the next line with the Google Maps for Android API Key provided by Google See: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/android/start#installing_the_google_maps_android_v2_api --> <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.maps.v2.API_KEY" android:value="GOOGLE_MAPS_FOR_ANDROID_V2_API_KEY_GOES_HERE"/> <!-- Google Cloud Messaging --> <receiver android:name="com.uktheatres.BT_gcmReceiver" android:permission="com.google.android.c2dm.permission.SEND" > <intent-filter> <action android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.intent.RECEIVE" /> <action android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.intent.REGISTRATION" /> <category android:name="com.uktheatres" /> </intent-filter> </receiver> <service android:name=".BT_gcmIntentService" /> <!-- BT_activity_start is the default, beginning activity, it may or may not load a splash screen fragment (plugin) --> <activity android:name=".BT_activity_start" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:theme="@style/startThemeNoTitle"> <intent-filter> <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" /> <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" /> </intent-filter> </activity> <!-- BT_activity_host runs after startup and after splash screen (splash screens are not required --> <activity android:name=".BT_activity_host" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:theme="@style/hostThemeWithTitle" android:uiOptions="splitActionBarWhenNarrow"></activity> </application> </manifest>

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
06/14/14 04:06 AM (10 years ago)
i go from 180 errors to 280 errors when i link the google play services, im getting the green arrow telling me its linked ok, ive followed all the videos and turorials, but nothing works, been at this for 4 days now, can anybody test my app for me, and see if its something within the app that eclipse conflicts with. thanks sean

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
06/14/14 08:48 AM (10 years ago)
is there anybody here can help me, ive hit brick wall, i dont know what im doing wrong, ive built on eclipse before and never had these problems to start with

rburns50
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 12, 2014
Bilston - Engla...
06/14/14 05:49 PM (10 years ago)
Feel free to zip up your project, I don't mind running it through Eclipse and feeding back my findings - let me know.

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
blackpool
06/15/14 01:33 AM (10 years ago)
thanks for the offer dude, but Im looking for one of the more experienced coders to look at it, as theve got loads of form with eclipse and its funny little ways, I have built apps on here for android before, but since david changed the code, something has changed, i think its to do with the google play link, im not sure, thanks for the offer though Sean

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.