Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 1    Views: 50

AppTitan
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 08, 2014
ventura
06/11/14 05:41 PM (10 years ago)

Adding plugins for android and windows

I an new to THEBUZZ and i am finding that most video tutorials for android are on apple comps. I am building on a PC and I am having a block when it comes to the emulator and loading new plugins so I can view the app and see the function at the same time. Are there any video tutorials for this. I know GoNorthWest has made a lot of them and they work great, I used the BT to Eclipse video and got up to the point where I can add my app file to Eclipse. I just don't know what to do from this point. I would like to be able to add and delete plugins to see which ones work the best for the app. I just don't know how to do this. I have tried some of the PDFs but I get lost easy and it makes it hard. Any input would be great. Thank you Matt

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/11/14 08:51 PM (10 years ago)
If you're speaking Android, the 'plugins' will be included as 'pluginName.java' files in the directory called 'src' (source). There will also (usually) be a companion 'xml' file that lives in res/layouts. You typically 'add' (or delete) them via your BT Control Panel, in the 'screens' window. Once you've 'assembled' your app the way you want, you download the package and compile locally. There are always 'other' ways to do things, but until you're better aquainted with the methodology, it's best to assemble and 'tie' your app together in the control panel. This way, there isn't much to do except load up the package and compile. You might also check the 'BTU' videos (available from your account menu)... they're a bit dated, focusing on BTv2 mostly... but the concepts are still the same, and not *that* much has changed... In each project 'package' whether Android or iOS, there is a pdf document called 'instructions.pdf' that give the basics on what needs to occur in what order... That should be current. Start off with something small with a few screens and play around with it... you can always add another screen or download another package when you need to. And of course, if you have a detailed question, just let us know your situation on the forums, and someone around will jump in with an answer. Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.