Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 71

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
06/12/14 09:27 AM (10 years ago)

PHP Script to Login From App?

For my next project, I'm looking at adding a login script to one of my plugins, but it needs to have a web based backbone. Ideally, after the app's splash screen, it should present the user with the ability to create an account or login. The accounts should be created on my web server, and the app will be using field variables later on from the fields in this user database. What is the best approach, and is there any existing php that I could use to make all of this easier? I'm fairly familiar with MySQL. I know there are plugins from Chris1 (social login and beautiful login) but can't tell by the description if they would handle any of the backend stuff that I need, like creating the account with the additional fields that I would need. I wouldn't assume so. I think I need some php solution to handle all of that. Is there a third party solution that could be included in the app and/or web host to make this as streamlined as possible? Facebook and Twitter integration would be great, but I at least need the basic account creation/login from email working first. This will be integrated into my Slot Machine plugin, so all of the players winnings & losses can be tracked via their account, and the beginning of a prize redemption system that I have planned for it.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
06/12/14 11:20 AM (10 years ago)
I tried something like this about 9 months or so ago, using joomla as part of the webserver solution, the standard login plugin and a script from PSMDanny. Joomla handles the "do you have an account if not create one" scenario quite nicely. PSMDannys script allows the login plugin against a joomla account. But, when BT 3.0 came out the login plugin stopped working for me. You have to tweak it to allow xcode to compile but I don't think it works properly after you've done that.

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
06/12/14 11:23 AM (10 years ago)
Hmmm... I like that idea, using Joomla or Wordpress to handle the user account info. That would make user maintenance a breeze, and allow for easy expansion for additional fields as they are needed. Do you happen to still have a copy Danny's php script that I could play with, assuming that it's allowed to be shared that is? email is [email protected]

PSMDanny
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 09, 2011
Heerlen
06/12/14 11:55 AM (10 years ago)
Hey angry ninja, Send you a pm Best regards, Danny

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
06/12/14 12:01 PM (10 years ago)
Cool, Thanks Danny. PM replied to :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.