Djdios
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 20, 2013
Valby, Denmark
06/11/14 07:00 AM (10 years ago)

Offline app - the last steps

Hi So I'm ready to submit my app to itunes. I tend to use the guide from GoNorthWest for app submission but before I do that I just need to understand the steps before. I made an app with a lot of screens, videos and images. All these are linked to a local folder in the app, so I guess that should be no problem when archiving the app? What do I do regarding the cloud and data url and design to live mode. Do I erase the links in the control panel and change to live mode in control panel before or after I submitted the app. I'm very sorry for the lack of understanding, you have all done an amazing job in here.

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Lisbon
06/11/14 08:07 AM (10 years ago)
Hi, in theory if all is working ok in your control panel, you don't need to send in an offline app. You can keep it as is. Just publish content in the control panel, and then copy the json file from the LIVE in the control panel, into your xcode. This means that the app will look for changes in the live version. This allows you to change stuff in the control panel without interference to the app. The app only loads new data if you publish any changes (because this will change the LIVE json file). But if you really wanna keep it offline, meaning you can only make any changes, via uploading a new package to apple, just delete the data url and cloud url from you config file. Cheers.

Djdios
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 20, 2013
Valby, Denmark
06/11/14 09:20 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Madrod Thank you for your quick reply So even though everything works it'll still work offline right (flight mode)? publish, copy - paste. Check! I would like to remove the refresh icon from the app, and I understand this is done by deleting the cloud url? It's just for layout purposes. But if I choose to leave the data url and cloud, what do I do if I wan't to test the new settings first before I send out the update?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.