Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 7    Views: 69

syedasad2001
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 12, 2014
Karachi
06/08/14 09:13 AM (10 years ago)

changing fonts in all custom HTML/text plugins together

Hello, I need to change the font of all my custom HTML/text plugin files. Can I do this all at once or do I need to go individual file and change the font? Thanks

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
06/08/14 10:48 AM (10 years ago)
My guess is that you have to change each individual file. They are all listed as separate screens with their respective attributes in the config.txt file. Dave

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
06/08/14 01:10 PM (10 years ago)
Can you use CSS?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/08/14 10:44 PM (10 years ago)
I vote with Alan Mac... If you use CSS you can 'apply' certain styles and fonts across a large number of documents, making them all pretty uniform. Just remember to include the css file. If you're going to include the documents in the app bundle, do NOT segregate them into subdirectories; place ALL of them in BT_docs, and reference them all within the same directory. Cheers! -- Smug

syedasad2001
Aspiring developer
Karachi
06/09/14 07:24 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks folks. Not familiar with CSS. Is there an easy tutorial I can learn this from? Otherwise I will go with manually changing my 200 or so pages. Appreciate your input.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
06/09/14 09:05 AM (10 years ago)
CSS is not specific to Buzztouch, it is part of html and its purpose is to apply a common and consistent style across all your html documents, which sounds like what you want. Your best bet is to type CSS Tutorial into Google and take it at your own pace from there. The w3schools.com site is good for the basics. Good luck, Alan

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
06/09/14 03:09 PM (10 years ago)
If you do create a .css style sheet, you will still need to include it on each of your (200?) pages one time. You will then need to call those styles, either generically, or specifically. e.g. Define the font and other styles for <body>. Define the font and other styles for <h1>...<h4>. Define the font and other styles for specific <div> tags. Other than <body>, you then need to make sure your 200 pages then appropriately use those <h1>...<h4> and <div> tags. For me, the old fashioned method vs .css are both a lot of work, with the old fashioned method of html being the least prone to disaster. If you are writing PHP, and feel that you may change fonts from time to time, you could code your pages something like print '<font face='.$fontface.' size='.$fontsize.' color='.$fontcolor.'>'; At the top of the page, you would first have a statement(s): $fontface='verdana', $fontsize='2'; $fontcolor='black'; ...and then you would only need to change the variables at the top of the page, and not throughout each page. But in page design, you do need to keep things simple, and you do need to be wary of fancy fonts and font calls that the user does not have, does not have access to, or that you are not providing, say, Google.

syedasad2001
Aspiring developer
Karachi
06/10/14 08:45 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks folks. Very helpful!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.