Jen
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 14, 2013
Melbourne
06/08/14 11:25 AM (10 years ago)

Unable to Archive in xcode

HI, I am unable to Archive my project. I've done everything I can find online/this forum to fix the issue with no luck. It is set to my device I have no warnings My certs and profiles are up to date and attached The project is waiting for upload in iTunes My project build succeeds every time I've gone through 'Edit scheme' etc It just doesn't create an Archive at all - I've checked in ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives. Nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jen

Fingers Crossed
Veteran developer
Reg: Jan 16, 2012
Simcoe, ON
06/08/14 12:50 PM (10 years ago)
Have you set it to 'iOS Device' - it shouldn't be your device.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
06/08/14 01:09 PM (10 years ago)
Yep, it will not archive unless set to IOS. Can't be a real device or simulator.

WolfTimJ
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 20, 2011
Rockwall, TX
06/08/14 02:48 PM (10 years ago)
Yep. Unplug your phone, pick "iOS Device"

Jen
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 14, 2013
Melbourne
06/09/14 04:22 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks everyone. I was following apple's instructions on archiving and validating, which says attach your device. But all good on that front now. The support on this forum is awesome. I'm now having issues with validating - say CFBundle invalid image path for three icons. I'm trying to sort it out myself, but if anyone is familiar with this problem, I'd love the input. Thanks again! Jen

Fingers Crossed
Veteran developer
Reg: Jan 16, 2012
Simcoe, ON
06/09/14 06:06 PM (10 years ago)
I run into that one frequently too! I've solved it two ways... One is in the post I made here... https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=4AD1708FAA7D7CD36B7F51B I believe I also deleted the lines from the bt_info.plist file, but I don't recall if I kept a list of what I removed!

Sevens
Code is Art
Reg: Jan 28, 2012
New York Metro ...
07/07/14 09:06 AM (10 years ago)
Jen, Have you solved your issue? I'm pretty savvy with Android but my new IOS app is giving me the same problem you are having. Let me know if you've had any success. Sevens

Sevens
Code is Art
New York Metro ...
07/07/14 10:07 AM (10 years ago)
Update- I found the line that needed to be edited. Its called CFBundleIconFiles. Just use the magnifying glass under the file navigation tab on the left hand column. Search for CFBundleIconFiles Find the line on the page which is named the same CFBundleIconFiles and click the minus button on the icons that we do not setup in Buzztouch. Re-validate your app and that should solve those missing icon file problems. Go forth and Shipit!

Sevens
Code is Art
New York Metro ...
07/07/14 10:12 AM (10 years ago)
Update- I found the line that needed to be edited. Its called CFBundleIconFiles. Just use the magnifying glass under the file navigation tab on the left hand column. Search for CFBundleIconFiles Find the line on the page which is named the same CFBundleIconFiles and click the minus button on the icons that we do not setup in Buzztouch. Re-validate your app and that should solve those missing icon file problems. Go forth and Shipit!

Sevens
Code is Art
New York Metro ...
07/07/14 10:12 AM (10 years ago)

Sevens
Code is Art
New York Metro ...
07/07/14 10:14 AM (10 years ago)

Sevens
Code is Art
New York Metro ...
07/07/14 10:14 AM (10 years ago)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.