Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 633

juk
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 16, 2014
York, UK
06/03/14 04:21 PM (10 years ago)

Blank iAd in newly approved Flappy Bird clone

Hi everyone. I've just had a very simple game approved by Apple, based on the Mackimack Flappy Bird clone plugin. That's the only screen in the app and I've enabled iAds. When I was testing the app in the simulator and on my phone, the test ads appeared ok. The app was approved 24 hours ago but the iAds are blank. Additionally, attempts to access the iAd reports in iTunes Connect fail with an error, "iAd network is temporarily available". Has anyone experienced similar? I'm kind of hoping it just takes a bit longer for the iAd side of things to come to life after approval... Thanks P.S. I have accepted all the contracts, given bank details, etc.

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
06/03/14 05:27 PM (10 years ago)
Hi juk, Mine took about 48 hours to start serving ads after approval. I have another app though where the ads never did start and it doesn't report to the iAds dashboard either, so not sure what the deal is there... But I think I must have set that one up wrong. when you can get into the iAds dashboard, see if it reports as "receiving test ads", but until 48-72 hours after approval, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
06/03/14 05:53 PM (10 years ago)
Mine took awhile as well. I actually saw my app as still waiting for approval in the iAd portal even though the app was approved. I had to email Apple and they took care of it after 2 weeks Dave

juk
Aspiring developer
York, UK
06/06/14 11:08 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks for the response guys, much appreciated. Still nothing but I've dropped them a line and will post it back here if anything useful comes out of it.

juk
Aspiring developer
York, UK
07/10/14 02:12 PM (10 years ago)
Just in case anyone sees this and has the same problem. It was some kind of problem with my account which needed fixing manually by the iAd people. It then worked fine.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.