Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 51

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
06/01/14 09:40 PM (10 years ago)

Putting a Header Menu at the top of the Map plug-in?

Can we put a Menu at the top of David's Location Map plug-in? So the screen would have a Menu bar that would take them to a feedback screen (Like take a pic and upload it, visit the webpage for the place, update the address/open/closed/moved status) ... And then the Location Map immediately below it. +------------------------------------+ | Provide feedback... | | +------------------------------------+ +------------------------------------+ | | | | Location Map with the pins | and pulsating blue dot (iOS) | | | | | | | +

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
06/01/14 10:01 PM (10 years ago)
The code I use for each location is: { "itemId":"****************", "itemType":"BT_mapLocation", "latitude":"53.4053300", "longitude":"-2.9754800", "title":"Britannia Adelphi", "subTitle":"Britannia Adelphi Hotel, Liverpool, UK", "loadScreenWithItemId":"showDirections" }, Tapping on the red pin on the Map, produces an infowindow with "title" and "subtitle". And an "i" in a circle, that brings up menu to "open native maps application". Has this plug-in grown any additional features? Expanding the infowindow to include more options we can dream up (like take and upload a pic, e-mail feedback, etc)? I see Chris1 has made some updates v1.9 5/16/2014 (Chris1).

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/02/14 02:19 AM (10 years ago)
What can I say... Of course all of that can be done. However, 'as released' you're not going to have that kind of behavior with the location map; some customization will need to be done. The 'Best' solution would be to code, or have someone code a custom solution. Time/Money. The 'Easiest' solution as it stands right now, would probably be to have the pin lead you to another screen (which can be any kind of screen) to display or gather information, directions, whatever. Suggestions would be one of Chris1's Custom HTML pages, which would allow you link both internal BT Screens, and external wherever screens, that could be created to do whatever task you needed. Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.