Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 1    Views: 30

Slav
Apple Fan
Reg: Sep 09, 2013
Toronto
06/03/14 10:18 AM (10 years ago)

Hangman plugin localization - local characters not found

How to adjust Xcode for users to be able to choose other language characters? I intend to make it not in English, list of words replaced. When I try to enter a letter - English alphabet is the only option. All other apps allow me to use one of 2 (in my case) languages. Any advise? It would be really appreciated

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
06/03/14 10:23 AM (10 years ago)
Just for anyone else reading this, I tried to help Slav via email, but couldn't find an easy way to address the problem with non-english alphabets. Word list functionality works fine, but the code looks for the typical A-Z alphabet to compare the matching words, so if chinese, korean, etc, it obviously will need adjusted for different character sets. Hopefully someone else on here knows how to make the adjustment to help Slav out. EDIT: Slav, quick thought... is it just the keyboard that pops up that needs adjusted? take a look at the controls on the storyboard and see if you have additional keyboard options in the attributes inspector when you click on the text input box.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.