Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 70

benedettoapp
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 22, 2013
Italy
05/30/14 03:21 AM (10 years ago)

Splash Screen

Can some one point me to a tutorial or something, because i cannot get the splash screen to work, it should be an easy thing but i'm having many different problems and crashes from it. I'm now testing on android, self hosting, i made the splash screen, screen and set back col to #FFFFFF, back img file and copied it in appropriate folder, scale full screen preserve ratio, animation settings tried many but now it's on 3 and 0 as duration, what do i get now, which is the best result after many tries, open the app, and it shows me the loading thing for a while, than i get the splash (but it should be fixed, and i get it that it starts small on top and then transforms it self to full screen, stays there for the 3 seconds i set, than i get a black screen flesh and then the app. how to get it to show full at the beginning and without the black flash at the end. the black flash is just a flash with the settings to 0 as duration, if i set it to more let's say 3 i will get 3 sec of black flash. what size should i use that is good for phones and tablets?

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Lisbon
05/30/14 03:25 AM (10 years ago)
Hi, the image that show up before the splash screen are different. Those are usually used with your logo or something, they're called launch image. Those images, in IOS, you drop them into the image.xcassets/launchimage.launchimage. So first you'll see the launch image, then the splash screen. Hope this helps.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
05/30/14 03:30 AM (10 years ago)
To get splash working, you need to create a splash screen and add it to your theme. Sounds like you have achieved that as you are seeing flashes. For size, I try to use an image that can be shown distorted as there are too many screen sizes for one that fits all. I've settled for 640x1136 for most things, even Android. There are issues with splash. A lot of people have said it crashes their Android app, but for myself, I have found it works, but I have stopped using it as I find it doesn't work well enough. This thread explains some of the issues recently spotted. https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=C02498F2E8BB74B6B98EBBB&sortColumn=FT.id&sortUpDown=DESC&currentPage=1

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.