Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 36

Sophie Bowman
Lost but trying
Reg: Sep 13, 2013
Australia
05/27/14 08:14 PM (10 years ago)

PDF plugin missing

I'm currently trying to create a simple app for a High School project and don't have much experience with coding. My app is a simple format with a simple menu, but when i add plugins, it says missing plugin, even though there is a free PDF plugin that comes with Buzz touch. When I open one of the links on the app this comes up "missing plugin:the view controller for this plugin was not compiled in the Xcode project". Can someone tell me what i might be doing wrong? Also if i have an older version of buzz touch could this be contributing to the issue, as i started making the project at the end of last year. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
05/27/14 09:51 PM (10 years ago)
Have you recently downloaded a 'fresh' copy of the app? Lots of changes in the last few months, much less the last year. Also, if you're working in iOS, remember that the 'plugins' directory needs to be added to your project. There should be a 'instructions.pdf' document that outlines the steps needed to successfuly compile your project. Good Luck, and let us know how it's going! Cheers! -- Smug It's possible you 'may' need to update your Xcode environment as well...

Sophie Bowman
Lost but trying
Reg: Sep 13, 2013
Australia
06/02/14 09:38 PM (10 years ago)
I have xcode version 5, is that new enough? and do you mean re-downloading from buzz touch? Also i have a version 1.6 buzztouch project at the moment because i started the project at the end of last year, could that maybe be causing problems? Do i add it to the project on Xcode, or can i add it in the coding box at the bottom of the page for the screen? Thanks so much for your help! :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.