Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 66

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
05/28/14 11:27 AM (10 years ago)

iOS Menus - Swipe to go back

I posted this in a thread by a member who recently got approved. But, I want to ask separately, for those who might not have seen that thread. Do you have any issues designing or dealing with the iOS 7 menu actions - where the user is supposed to swipe backwards, to go back a menu level? Tap to go forward, swipe the top of the screen to go back. Do you just go with the swipe to go back, and/or do you put in any other menu or plugin for the user to tap to go back? I just got my (old and updated) 2012 App through Xcode and onto my iPhone. The first wall I banged my head into was the going backwards in the menu structure. I don't find it "Great"!: http://ipod.about.com/od/UsingiOS7/tp/11-Great-Hidden-Features-of-iOS-7.htm How are you all dealing with this? Thanks!

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
05/28/14 12:36 PM (10 years ago)
Hi I wrote a tutorial on this http://kittsy.co.uk/disable-ios-7-swipe-back-feature/ It explains how to do it properly with explanations And it's buzztouch specific

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Liverpool
05/28/14 12:36 PM (10 years ago)
If you want to disable it that is

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
05/28/14 12:39 PM (10 years ago)
YES, THANKS! I am just concerned that some older users, might not yet have the hang of swiping! When I bought my new iPhone 5S at the Apple Store 2 months ago, that was one of the first things I came across. But I was at the store, and they were quick to tell me about it, and demonstrate. To me, it isn't a reflex action, yet, and if someone is out in the middle of the city, in bright or dim light, and in noise, they might not remember to swipe!

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Liverpool
05/28/14 12:46 PM (10 years ago)
It's a pain it interferes with the carousel and scringo just make sure you follow the tutorial so it's backwards compatible with ios 6

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.