Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 37

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
05/30/14 02:03 AM (10 years ago)

Menu Image Advanced - Device sleeps - App crashes

I have a an app that I am currently testing in Android 3.0. Its very basic, 4 screens, tab menu, context menu The app seems to work OK until my device goes to sleep. When I wake it, the device reports my app is not responding. This only happens if the screen that is open at the time of sleeping is a Menu Image Advanced, if any of the other 3 screens are open instead, it wakes OK. On this app the home page is a custom URL screen, the Menu Advanced screen is the 4th item in the tab and is also connected with the context menu, which I have never used before. My self hosted control panel is up to date. Any ideas anyone?

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
05/30/14 02:40 AM (10 years ago)
As a test to confirm, I just tried using the Menu with Image plugin by Susan Metoxen. It sleeps just fine.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
05/30/14 12:30 PM (10 years ago)
Look at log file while device is connected to Computer. Look at differences in the log between Chris1 and Susan plugins within the log file. See if something obvious emerges ...

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
05/30/14 04:03 PM (10 years ago)
The Menu Image Advanced and the Menu with Image are so similar that I wonder if there is a different cause for the problem. The biggest difference is that the Menu Image Advanced relies on multiple XML files for the layouts, which seems to perform better that having so much layout code in the .java file.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.