Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 42

kingelessar
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 10, 2014
UK
05/25/14 08:34 AM (10 years ago)

List of 19 issues in Android app - report with screenshots - comments welcome

Hi again everyone, (Mark, thanks for your last comment on my previous thread!) The following is a test report from someone I hired on fiverr.com (with screenshots). https://www.dropbox.com/s/dllgchsaof7c0dp/report2.doc I'd like to go through the points and see if anyone knows of any solutions. Hopefully this will help not just me but also anyone with similar issues. It's for ANDROID. 1. Header image distorted in menu with image plugin I can't find a way of improving this. The image is crisp and sharp when opened on my computer. Whatever I do, once it appears in the menu, it looks bad quality. 2. Black background when scrolling I understand it's the phone being used? A solution is to select row colour but that would get in the way of the background image. So we simply accept that it will happen for some users? 3. - 5. No idea 6. Header image fading in slowly in menu with image Annoying and no-one seems to have ever posted about it as far as I can see. But I found I can go to WB_screen_menuImage.java, find fadeAnimation.setDuration(4500); and set the number in brackets to zero to remove the fade-in. 7. Is zooming into images a common Android issue? I have seen people offer code to make it possible but it doesn't seem to do it out of the box. Is that right? In iOS all I had to do was put the right specification into the html. 8. Menu not in right position when returning. Not something that worries me. 9. No indicator not a bug, was intentional 10. Row description font size I think I'll just forget about row description for Android. It seems impossible to make this work on all or even most devices. 11. back button goes back to menu, not previous screen Known issue - no solution 12. Opening PDFs probably just the way I've gone about it, working on it 13. Ignore 14. I don't even know how or why does icons appear!! Does anyone know how one configures/removes them? 15. This is the Share via Email plugin but apparently it didn't work on this device. A known issue? 16. Ignore 17. Same as 14. Can I get rid of it? 18. Quiz gets cut off. Has this ever been looked at/fixed? Anyone know a solution? 19. Map I know I've not got this to work yet. It's a link from a local html document via HTML Pro to the location map plugin. But it crashes the app.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
05/25/14 10:33 AM (10 years ago)
You should tell us what is the problem, not just post like this: 3. - 5. No idea That is perhaps in the file that we are supposed to download, but you should make it easy for us to help you, not more difficult.

kingelessar
Lost but trying
UK
05/25/14 02:11 PM (10 years ago)
Sure Dusko but I can't include the screenshots in the forum post and I felt this was the most practical way of going about it. In any case I'm not expecting anyone to spend an hour to go through everything for me. It's more in case someone wants to comment on any particular point.

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
05/25/14 09:08 PM (10 years ago)
Well, the black scrolling is a tough one. I set the default row color to white in the Menu with a image to alleviate this. I had thought it only affected Samsung, but seems to be broader. Try a white background. I researched this extensively several months ago, and this problem seems to be something in the Samsung code that doesn't affect other devices. The Menu resolution looks like it is trying to upscale the image. Did you put images in all the drawable folders? If you don't put them in, then on the high and extra high resolution devices the device will try to upscale, even if not necessary. I kind of like the fade in image, but I can see your point. I can adjust this on the next release. 4500 seems too long at any rate.

kingelessar
Lost but trying
UK
05/26/14 02:23 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks for the response Susan! I guess I can set a background colour as well as use a background image, in case that helps. If it does, I'll let you know. This way the colour won't obscure the image. And let me try what you said about the header image. The fade effect is actually quite cool if it's set to do it a bit quicker. At 4500 I feel most people will have chosen their menu row before the header has appeared.

kingelessar
Lost but trying
UK
05/27/14 03:20 AM (10 years ago)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.