Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 50

Sherry
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 05, 2013
South Africa
05/27/14 05:34 AM (10 years ago)

Document location problem on PDF Doc plugin

I am creating screens using the PDF Doc Plugin on a BT3 Self Host using pdf files stored locally on the app not via url but the option to SELECT the files under Document Location is not working. I think it might be a plugin bug because there was a similar issue with the HTML plugin which Chris fixed in Jan but sorry I'm just not sure where to go to report plugin errors.

WolfTimJ
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 20, 2011
Rockwall, TX
05/27/14 12:40 PM (10 years ago)
For docs included in your app you simply put the filename including the .pdf extension in the blank field under 'File name in project'. The other one with the 'select' option is when you have loaded onto your self-hosted system and use 'select' to enter the correct url pointing to that file. It does seem there is a 'select' for both, but only the one for the lower 'Load from this url' field works. Not sure what the other one would do if it did work anyway, maybe just browse to the file name?

Sherry
Lost but trying
South Africa
05/27/14 01:31 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks Tim I have done that now but before BT3 when you clicked SELECT next to File Name in Project it took you to the Files/Media folder and you could select your pdf file under the documents section and it automatically added the name in the field, that's why I posted I think it might be a bug because it was functional before.

almosturban
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 23, 2011
Canada
10/26/14 02:03 PM (9 years ago)
Hi Sherry, I am having the same problem and seems to be affecting my ability to link to an internal pdf. Did you ever find a resolution to this issue? Thank you, Henry

Sherry
Lost but trying
South Africa
10/26/14 02:38 PM (9 years ago)
Hi Henry You have to either manually type in the file name plus extension or what I ended up doing was copying the filename and extension from Finder / Windows Explorer and pasting it into the DOCUMENTS LOCATION under File Name in Project. So for Internal or Local Pdf's you only need to type/paste the pdf filename plus .pdf extension e.g. xyz.pdf and for files that are going to be loaded from url you have to type/paste the full url e.g. http://www......./xyz.pdf I hope this helps Sherry

almosturban
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 23, 2011
Canada
10/26/14 04:02 PM (9 years ago)
Thanks that sorts it out, was just taken by surprise when it did not work as expected. Thank you for your help

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.