Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 21    Views: 159

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
05/20/14 07:00 AM (10 years ago)

NEW PLUGIN - Ultimate Hangman (with online features)

Ultimate Hangman takes the classic word guessing game to a whole new level, featuring achievements, Game Center leaderboards, and even live player matching with your friends or other people across the internet. Play online with others, or locally via single player, the choice is up to you. Ultimate Hangman comes with a word list of over 21,000 english words. Want a different language? No problem, simply paste in your new word list. Want the words to be themed to your app? Again, not a problem… just create a list of words that has to do with your theme and paste them right in. This is a regular text file that you can copy and pete right into, not a plist :) Also, as with almost all of our plugins, the graphics are all in separate files, so you can simply swap them out if you prefer something different. Want a giant chicken hanging instead of the cowboy? How about a Las Vegas Strip background instead of s ghost town? Just drop in your replacement graphics and you are all set to go! Don’t want Game Center or any of the other online features? Simply comment out the Game Center code to run a regular single player version only. Want to enable iAds to make a little revenue? It’s already setup for it, all you have to do is turn it on in your control panel and have it turned on in iTunes connect. Ultimate Hangman also uses separate files for the iPhone 3.5”, iPhone 4” and iPad devices, so you know everything will fit just right without trying to just “make it work”. Ultimate Hangman fully supports all screen sizes, including the iPad. Can you beat your friends high score, or unlock all 1,000 achievement points? Host an online match and challenge someone across the street or across the planet right now. ------------------------ LIVE DEMO: (Note: Sound effects, Game Center and other online features won’t work, because it’s simulated. Everything else works as shown, but much better when you download the real thing) ------------------------ http://angryninjas.com/the-hangman ------------------------ DOWNLOAD ULTIMATE HANGMAN PLUGIN HERE: ------------------------ https://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=3CAE0628179D50E813A2CC5

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
05/20/14 07:28 AM (10 years ago)
Nice!!

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
05/20/14 01:30 PM (10 years ago)
Wow, that looks really good. A nice addition to the market, thanks. Farcat

GraciousWolf_PE
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 15, 2012
Montreal
05/20/14 03:13 PM (10 years ago)
Angry Ninja, you're making me go broke... and then rich again with these rich plugins of yours. ;) Great stuff! Nicholas

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
05/20/14 03:25 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks Nicholas. I hope they are coming in handy. I've been trying to bring back some depth and value to the game area of Buzztouch, and add a little flare to the market with my designs, instead of some games that are just like one page on a plain white screen. Whats the fun in that? ;)

GraciousWolf_PE
Aspiring developer
Montreal
05/20/14 03:32 PM (10 years ago)
Also, what would be the best way to remove GameCenter from the code? :) Nicholas

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
05/20/14 03:38 PM (10 years ago)
The game center code is only located in the GamePlay.m file. It's pretty well documented, so you'd just comment out the game center related sections (it's well marked, and contains anything to do with leaderboards, authentication, player match, and achievements). Then you'd just have to remove the gamecenter related buttons on the storyboard that refer to high scores, hosting a game, and view achievements. See what you can spot and if for some reason it's not working right afterwards, send me what you have and I'll finish it up for you :) About half of the code in that file is game center based, but it's sectioned out pretty clearly. If it seems a little intimidating, let me know and I can do it for you, but will need a couple of days... buried pretty deep in some stuff at the moment, but happy to take care of it for you if you aren't on a time crunch..

GraciousWolf_PE
Aspiring developer
Montreal
05/20/14 03:46 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks for the quick response, Angry Ninja! I've been trying for the past little while, but I always seem to set off errors and can't build the app... If your offer still stands, would you mind taking a look at it?... :) I'm in no hurry whatsoever! Let me know how I should send the package your way. Thanks for the assistance, Angry Ninja, like I said before, another wonderful plugin! Nicholas

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
05/20/14 04:25 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks. No problem at all. I have all the plugins files here obviously, so I'll just modify the files and send your way in the form of drag and drop replacements in your project.

GraciousWolf_PE
Aspiring developer
Montreal
05/20/14 04:25 PM (10 years ago)
Awesome, sounds great! Thanks again, Angry Ninja, I owe you one! Nicholas

Arubaman
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Akron
05/20/14 10:45 PM (10 years ago)
Looks pretty sweet, nice one!

trouty
I hate code!
Reg: Mar 26, 2013
London Outskirt...
05/21/14 07:13 AM (10 years ago)
Just put this into an app (simulator), all good. Question about Gamecenter... with gamecenter integration previously, i'm sure i had to declare it in iTunes then match it with code in xcode etc. Is this no longer required? Hangman happily goes into sandbox mode

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
05/21/14 09:11 AM (10 years ago)
Hey Trouty, Yeah, you'll still need to hook it up to your itunesconnect. If hangman is going into sandbox box right out of the box, you probably have a test account saved in your gamecenter login on your simulator? The code itself for detecting a logged in user, loading/posting to leaderboard, and rewarding achievement points for perfect guesses are all already there, so it's only the connections in itunesconnect that you need to make. If those are made, yeah, it will go right into sandbox mode mode and function right out of the box when a test user is logged in. In itunes connect, enable game center in your app, then go in and setup a leaderboard and an achievement. (the names of both can be seen and changed in GameScene.m file of the hangman plugin). For the achievement, it's setup to receive achievement points everytime a player guesses the word correctly with no "strikes" (bad guesses). I set mine up for 100 achievement points everytime this happens, for a maximum of 10 times, totallying 1,000 points possible. After those are setup in itunes connect, make sure go back to your apps overview page in itunes connect and flip the "enable game center switch" in the metadata area. This is separate from flipping the enable game center switch in the "manage game center" area... I'm not sure why apple has you do it in two different locations. Finally, in your xcode project, click on your project in the top left panel and select your target if not already chosen, and go to the "capabilities" tab, where you will turn on the final game center switch. That should do it :)

trouty
I hate code!
London Outskirt...
05/21/14 09:26 AM (10 years ago)
Cool, will give that a bash this evening.

trouty
I hate code!
London Outskirt...
05/21/14 09:44 AM (10 years ago)
(the names of both can be seen and changed in GameScene.m file of the hangman plugin Strugglin to see them... lol

mysps
Code is Art
Palma
05/21/14 09:54 AM (10 years ago)
Search for: com.angryninjas.hangman.leaderboard :)

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
05/21/14 10:00 AM (10 years ago)
Yep, located here: LEADERBOARD IDENTIFIER: LINE 286: [self reportScore:playerScore forCategory:@"com.angryninjas.hangman.leaderboard"]; ACHIEVEMENT IDENTIFIER: LINE 289: [self reportAchievementIdentifier:@"no_mistakes_small_word" percentComplete:100];} Just change "com.angryninjas.hangman.leaderboard" to your leaderboard id, and "no_mistakes_small_word" to your achievement ID I'm also working on a non-gamecenter version for GraciousWolf. I'll post the replacement files that need changed here when thats completed, and you'll be able to drop those files in and overwrite the old files in your project to disable gamecenter capabilities.

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
05/21/14 10:22 AM (10 years ago)
Ok guys, for anyone wanting to disable Game Center completely, and use Ultimate Hangman as a local single player game only, download this file, unzip it and copy & paste the 5 files to overwrite the files in your /BT_Plugins/AN_Hangman directory: http://www.angryninjas.com/cloud/temp/Hangman-Non-GameCenter-Overwrites.zip This will remove online player matching, game center authentication, leaderboards, and achievements. NOTE: This is for existing owners of the Ultimate Hangman plugin only, and does not contain the full plugin files, only the files that required modification to remove game center functionality. You'll still need the other files that come with the Ultimate Hangman plugin in order to use this modification. Also, if anyone wants to remove the iads, BT and storyboards don't play well together yet, so turning off iads in your CP doesn't quite do it. To remove iads from Ultimate Hangman, simply delete the iads banner off of the bottom of the 3 storyboard files. Thats it. No code modification is necessary. :)

mysps
Code is Art
Palma
05/21/14 10:59 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks!

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
05/21/14 11:35 AM (10 years ago)
(for anyone that downloaded the above file in the last few minutes, please download it again now... there was a minor bug that I just fixed)

GraciousWolf_PE
Aspiring developer
Montreal
05/21/14 03:31 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks, Angry Ninja, for the super swift assistance!! Nicholas

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
05/21/14 04:15 PM (10 years ago)
Anytime, happy to help :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.