Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 12    Views: 159

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
05/15/14 06:13 PM (10 years ago)

Plugin Update: Ultimate Screen Creator

Just updated my latest plugin, Ultimate Screen Creator, to version 1.2. The new updated added new button actions: take photo, select photo, email form data. --------------------------- Ultimate Screen Creator Copyright 2014, Chris Ruddell --------------------------- Introducing the Ultimate Screen Creator - a complete drag 'n drop solution for creating screens on the fly! With this plugin, creating screens for your app has never been easier. Simply add elements onto the screen using the state-of-the-art control panel and drag them into place. With well over 2,000 lines of custom Javascript (and nearly as many lines of Objective-C), this plugin will revolutionize how you setup your app. Once you design your screen for the iPhone, simply click a button to copy the elements to the iPad view. Drag them around, resize them, change their properties, add or subtract. You can even layer elements, overlapping one with another. Elements that can be added include: -Label -Button -Image -Segmented Control -Text Field -Slider -Switch -Stepper -Table -Text View -Web View -Map -Video Each element comes with it's own set of properties to adjust. Buttons are special in that an action can be assigned to them. Possible actions include: -Load Screen --> loads the specified plugin screen -Save to Device --> Saves all the data to the device (so it can be auto-loaded the next time the screen is launched, or so other plugins can use the data) -Send to URL --> Sends all the data to the specified URL (e.g., a custom php script) -Send and Save --> Saves the data and then sends it to the specified URL -Email form data --> Opens an email compose screen with all of the data pre-populated to send to a specified email address -Post to Facebook --> Posts a link to the user's Facebook wall (requires the Social Login plugin) -Post to Twitter --> Posts the specified message as a Tweet to the user's Twitter account (requires the Social Login plugin) -Take a Photo --> Opens the camera view to take a photo. Image will replace the specified Image element on the screen -Select Photo from Gallery --> Allows user to select one of their existing photos. Image will replace the specified Image element on the screen *****Be sure to check out the demo video at: http://youtu.be/5Gj2V1iCDw4 *****

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
05/15/14 09:13 PM (10 years ago)
Nice additions! This is gonna be the fairy godmother of all plugins. :-)

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
05/15/14 09:17 PM (10 years ago)
Here's one thought I had on how to use this. A city could use this for reporting needed repairs. Just add in fields for a description and location and have the user take a photo. Then add a button to email the results to the city. Depending on your design, would be a 5-minute project.

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
05/16/14 01:26 AM (10 years ago)
Nice Chris! This plugin has a ton of uses. Another option or idea. Can you add a method that will load advertising or code to a section. Similar to what the mosaic plugin does to "load custom". That would be awesome :) thanks!

kingelessar
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 10, 2014
UK
05/16/14 01:41 AM (10 years ago)
Looks fan-bloody-tastic.

ridgerock
Veteran developer
Reg: May 19, 2011
Louisville
05/16/14 08:49 AM (10 years ago)
Chris this is awesome! Quick ? using your example. When I choose a button and have the action set to Email Form Data. Within the email I just get box that says Property and Value. How do you get the the information from a Text Field to Email? Also if I have a button to take a picture the camera comes up and closes out my app. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
05/16/14 09:12 AM (10 years ago)
ridgerock - you need to specify a "name" for each element you want to be included on the email (or sent to a url or saved to the device). This way you can filter only the elements you want included. Not sure why the camera is closing your app. Works great on my iPhone 5S. Can you send me your debug output from Xcode?

ridgerock
Veteran developer
Reg: May 19, 2011
Louisville
05/16/14 09:22 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks Chris! I got it. I wasn't filling in the name fields and I did not have a picture in the screen to replace. Coolest plugin yet!!!!!

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
05/16/14 12:01 PM (10 years ago)
I've just worked out, with the help of a calculator, that the number of possibilities this plugin gives you is 62,270,208,000. That means that this plugins can create over 62 billion combinations! This plugin is the daddy of them all!

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
05/16/14 08:08 PM (10 years ago)
ok - waited as long as I could ;) it is the weekend so now I have the Ultimate SC. This is really awesome! Question: How do you set the screen background color? Issue: Similar to ridgerock (using iPhone 5c) Added a button and image. Button action is to take a picture, and replace the image. After taking picture and selecting "Use Photo" kicks you out of the App. (sending PM with xcode details)

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
05/16/14 10:04 PM (10 years ago)
ridgerock's issue was that he didn't set the image to be replaced once a new photo is taken/selected. Is that your issue too? Or is it still crashing after that? You can change the screen background color/image by scrolling to the bottom of the page and setting the appropriate value.

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
05/16/14 11:20 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Is it possible? What I posted above?

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
05/17/14 06:12 AM (10 years ago)
Chris No I selected the "image to replace" in the CP. (checked this morning, and Name of the image element is displayed in the area with arrow which shows current value. It also made no difference whether I referenced the image from either property: itemId (default) or Name (entered). Have an image named "myImage" approx 300x300 size Have a button with "Take a Photo", and the Image to Replace is myImage. ============= background color/image.... I forgot to scroll all the way done past the iPad settings ;)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.