Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 80

Sherry
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 05, 2013
South Africa
05/16/14 03:24 PM (10 years ago)

PDF Advanced Plugin

I am busy developing an ios app that contains multiple PDF pages of different products and how they work. My client wants each PDF to have button on the top nav bar / inside a context menu so that someone looking at the PDF can contact the correct product manager responsible for the product displayed on the PDF. And this is where my problem starts because I really like the way the Advanced PDF Plugin works except for the fact it is full screen in other words it hides the Buzztouch top nav bar and bottom tabbed bars. For this job I really need to have the normal buzztouch top nav bar available for use. Can anyone give me some help and let me know what I need to do to tweak this plugin to get Buzztouch nav bar to be displayed again while viewing a PDF.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
05/16/14 06:01 PM (10 years ago)
I don't have that plugin. A few ideas to try: Look for "Navbar" in the code. It may hide it. Comment out that part. ----------- Notice how the Tabbar was allowed to be shown by that plugin. You can do similar for Navbar. ----------- I don't like a Navbar and a PDF Toolbar stacked on top of each other. Causes too much user confusion. Instead, how about modifying the plugin to add your custom button into the PDF Toolbar? ----------- Let me know if you need help. -- Niraj

Sherry
Lost but trying
South Africa
05/18/14 09:54 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks for your reply Niraj. I searched through the 23 .m files for this plugin but couldn't find a solution. I like your idea of adding a custom button but I have no coding knowledge so wouldn't know where to begin or what the actual code is I need to insert to make the Context Menu display on each pdf which can change based on what is set in the Control Panel Screen Top Navigation Bar properties because one pdf is needed to be emailed to Product Manager A and the next pdf emailed to Product Manager B. For now I am going to use PDF Doc Plugin because it displays the context menu. Do you know if it's possible to make this plugin scroll left to right rather than up and down.

Sherry
Lost but trying
South Africa
05/18/14 10:05 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks for your reply Niraj. I searched through the 23 .m files for this plugin but couldn't find a solution. I like your idea of adding a custom button but I have no coding knowledge so wouldn't know where to begin or what the actual code is I need to insert to make the Context Menu display on each pdf which can change based on what is set in the Control Panel Screen Top Navigation Bar properties because one pdf is needed to be emailed to Product Manager A and the next pdf emailed to Product Manager B. For now I am going to use PDF Doc Plugin because it displays the context menu. Do you know if it's possible to make this plugin scroll left to right rather than up and down.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
05/19/14 02:00 PM (10 years ago)
Contact me via Private Message if you want a custom modification to the plugin. -- Niraj

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.